Step I Baseline wasn’t great (NBME 15). Am I screwed?

Started by ciestar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Less than four weeks until Step 1. I took NBME 15 and scored the equivalent of a 198 on it. Which means I have what it takes to actually pass...(which i suppose is reassuring).

Anyway, with this in mind, can I reasonably do well on it given the time frame? I for sure know my deficits, anatomy, embryology, neuro.. but obviously I lack all over the place given this score.

What is worse, a step one failure or a low score?

Any advice would be wonderful. I’m obviously an anxious wreck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad