Basic Organic and Stereochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm following the Mcatjelly plan and I'm about a week in- I've done some subject exams and done fairly well, excluding the first organic chemistry heavy exam. I know that I learned about basic organic principles (e.g. stereochemistry) but my score concerning this material doesn't reflect this fact. Are there any tips/tricks to doing organic MCAT problems that I'm missing? How should I review my mistakes?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm following the Mcatjelly plan and I'm about a week in- I've done some subject exams and done fairly well, excluding the first organic chemistry heavy exam. I know that I learned about basic organic principles (e.g. stereochemistry) but my score concerning this material doesn't reflect this fact. Are there any tips/tricks to doing organic MCAT problems that I'm missing? How should I review my mistakes?

Thanks guys!
If you are a visual learner I recommend Leah4sci, khan academy, and ak lectures. Also I wouldn't skip anything, you can learn from the problems you get wrong by thorough review of the solutions. It also helps to identify weaknesses and keeps you from developing a false sense of security. So go to YouTube and check out one of the channels I recommended, I think Leah4sci is best as she is primarily an organic chem tutor.

Cool, thanks!

If you are a visual learner I recommend Leah4sci, khan academy, and ak lectures. Also I wouldn't skip anything, you can learn from the problems you get wrong by thorough review of the solutions. It also helps to identify weaknesses and keeps you from developing a false sense of security. So go to YouTube and check out one of the channels I recommended, I think Leah4sci is best as she is primarily an organic chem tutor.