Basic Organic and Stereochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm following the Mcatjelly plan and I'm about a week in- I've done some subject exams and done fairly well, excluding the first organic chemistry heavy exam. I know that I learned about basic organic principles (e.g. stereochemistry) but my score concerning this material doesn't reflect this fact. Are there any tips/tricks to doing organic MCAT problems that I'm missing? How should I review my mistakes?

Thanks guys!
 
So I'm following the Mcatjelly plan and I'm about a week in- I've done some subject exams and done fairly well, excluding the first organic chemistry heavy exam. I know that I learned about basic organic principles (e.g. stereochemistry) but my score concerning this material doesn't reflect this fact. Are there any tips/tricks to doing organic MCAT problems that I'm missing? How should I review my mistakes?

Thanks guys!
If you are a visual learner I recommend Leah4sci, khan academy, and ak lectures. Also I wouldn't skip anything, you can learn from the problems you get wrong by thorough review of the solutions. It also helps to identify weaknesses and keeps you from developing a false sense of security. So go to YouTube and check out one of the channels I recommended, I think Leah4sci is best as she is primarily an organic chem tutor.
 
Cool, thanks!

If you are a visual learner I recommend Leah4sci, khan academy, and ak lectures. Also I wouldn't skip anything, you can learn from the problems you get wrong by thorough review of the solutions. It also helps to identify weaknesses and keeps you from developing a false sense of security. So go to YouTube and check out one of the channels I recommended, I think Leah4sci is best as she is primarily an organic chem tutor.