Basic Things

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlee2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Well, I think I only know tiny bit about how to get ready to getting into medical school. First off, all I know is good GPA above 3.5 or so and pre-reqs (especially good sci GPA), Good MCAT score (honestly I don't know what is considered as good score), and some of extracurriculars, such as volunteer at hospital (emergency room, transporting thing, idk what it is), and shadowing docs and more. I need letter of recommendation from my professors. Research paper (idk what kind of research and how long) and med school does not care what kind of major I study in.

yea I think this is all I know. I would appreciate it if anyone went through in a detail little bit more. Sorry, I don't know much about anything. Plus where can I find these kinds of info? and I know that pre-req only requires calc1 but is it good to take up to like calc2 and 3? and in bio section is it good to take like microbio or something like that (like higher bio classes, but I'm not a bio major)?

sorry for bunch of questions. Hope everyone have great last day of 2010 and great Happy New Year's eve!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've found the search box at the top of the page to be pretty useful.

emergency room, transporting thing, idk what it is
A person who is a transporter conveys patients in a wheel chair or gurney (bed on wheels) to various other parts of the hospital, like the XRay Department, for special tests, to in-patient floors, or to their car) in a safe and respectful manner, while keeping the patient comfortable.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a couple of books that will give you a great overview of a typical application. Try searching for med school confidential on amazon.

There are a couple of books that will give you a great overview of a typical application. Try searching for med school confidential on amazon.

hehe, Thank you for the suggesting the book. I went out and bought this book today!! I feel great and can't wait to start reading this book!!