Batch number and Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dat9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application 7/18 my GPA was calculated 7/26 and I took my DAT early July. How do I know which one is my batch? My last LOR isn't in yet will any schools look at my application before that's in?

I've applied to 10 schools and I have received secondaries for all 10 so far (completed a lot of them today):

USC
Boston
Creighton
Midwestern-IL
UMaryland
Louisville
Tufts
UF
LECOM
Arizona

how long after secondaries do these schools take to get back and how do they notify me? Do I have to keep checking at each schools portal or will it be mail or email?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are 4th batch. However, until your AADSAS is complete, they are unlikely to pay too much attention to your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are 4th batch. However, until your AADSAS is complete, they are unlikely to pay too much attention to your application.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP is in a later batch than that, 4th batch was mailed on 7/19 but his GPA was not verified until 7/26 so he would be in the 5th batch if it was mailed that same day or 6th batch if it was mailed on 8/2.

Schools will notify you when they please, go take a look at the specific school threads and the interview thread to see what is going on and in what batch people who were granted interviews were in.

As far as I know, UofMaryland gives you secondary when you receive interview.
How did you finish their secondary?

Maryland hasn't sent their secondaries out yet.. I checked last years thread and the earliest person I saw get a secondary was in early September.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the OP is in a later batch than that, 4th batch was mailed on 7/19 but his GPA was not verified until 7/26 so he would be in the 5th batch if it was mailed that same day or 6th batch if it was mailed on 8/2.

Schools will notify you when they please, go take a look at the specific school threads and the interview thread to see what is going on and in what batch people who were granted interviews were in.

Could be, I'm not really sure how it works. Anyways, even if it was mailed on the 8/2, that's still not terrible.

Sorry I misspoke with a couple. I read that with UMaryland, USC, and Creighton you had to mail a check along when you apply and that's what I have done. Also I got the last letter today! Do schools now get notified mine is done and go back to mine since its in an earlier batch?

Wow it took just 8 days for your gpa to be calculated?...I've been waiting for three weeks still. :annoyed:

It took literally a couple of days last year for some applicants that submitted late July-early August