Baylor List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Jefe

The Jefe
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I remember of the Baylor interview, they openly said that they rank each applicant into a huge list the day of their last interview. Since they are done interviewing (according to the other thread) there shouldn't be any movement on it until people start withdrawing. So has anyone tried calling and found out their position on this list? It would be nice if a school were frank about where we stand for once, and not just tell us to wait and see.

Members don't see this ad.

So they are through giving out acceptances :(

Awwwww....

I already bugged Melody enough or I would try calling...get Jalbrekt to do it!

I already posted this on another thread, but I received an acceptance (by phone) Thursday night. I interviewed about a month ago, so they aren't holding to the 2-wk-after-interview-or-mid-March policy in regards to acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify, I was told that you're either accepted very soon after you interview (within 2 weeks) or after all interviews are through (mid March). Waitlists/rejections are also due out in March. Anyway, since I got the call two days ago, clearly this is not a strict policy.

Well I heard that after each interview session all the applicants are scored and compiled into a big list of everyone that has interviewed and not been accepted or rejected. Then they accept the top few people from that list right away. The list stays intact and when the next interview session passes they toss in the new applicants and again take the top people off the list. So you can hear from them after any interview session if you make it to the top (ie. higher scored people got removed last time, and the new interviewees didn't score as well as you). My question is if you can find out what your position is on this list now that interviews are over.

Or maybe the whole concept is wrong and I've been misinformed :p

I think you're version is correct; it definately makes more sense. I know that they are interviewing the last group next weekend, so you may want to wait a week to make that call.

I'm resurrecting this thread to add some information I got today. Baylor is sending out letters this week and next. I asked if they were waitlist letters since all the acceptances should have already gone. She (the lady who answered the phone) said that most are waitlist letters, but some are still acceptances.

I don't know why they would still be sending out acceptances. Maybe some people already withdrew? Or, maybe she was trying to forestall any questions I had about the waitlist.

The point is, if you haven't heard from Baylor yet (post-interview) then expect to get a letter in the next two weeks. Has anyone gotten a waitlist letter already?

Nope...been SIX months since I interviewed and not a peep from them!

Hey spacecadet,
I got about the same deal when I called to ask them about my status. They said that they would make their final decisions by mid-April (either acceptance, rejection, or alternate list) and everyone should know for sure by then. Let's hope we all do know by that time. :rolleyes:

--got the dreaded alternate list letter today. just wondering if anyone knows if everyone got this letter or if some people actually got rejected.
thanks

Got the alternate list letter today too!

I got the alternate list letter too. Plus I called to see if they would tell me my position on the list and they wouldn't of course. Do they really notify those that are high on the list??

Same here. Scared me s*tless, because it looked like a rejection letter. First line was "We have made all of our final decisions for next years class...."

I also got my waitlist letter yesterday. According to lilycat (Baylor student), they waitlist everyone who interviewed.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by spacecadet:
•I also got my waitlist letter yesterday. According to lilycat (Baylor student), they waitlist everyone who interviewed.•••••Correction -- in past years they seem to waitlist nearly everyone they interview who does not get an outright acceptance. They actually told us that last year during the interviews. However, supposedly some people did receive post-interview rejections last year. I'm not 100% sure on the policy for this year, but I would guess that the majority of applicants get the waitlist.

Thanks for the clarification lilycat. Sorry I mis-quoted you. :)

SO I called Baylor to find out if they were rejecting anybody post-interview. I found out that she didn't know. She didn't think so, but that issue is very unresovled. but I did find out that a few people will be pulled off the alternate list very soon. She said they have some acceptances left to give out.
Wait, I just realized she miht be talking about over the next four months, but it seemed as if she was saying over the next few weeks. Oh well.

Wow, lilycat is so picky. Just kidding!! :p :)

Good luck to everyone.