Baylor Post Bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umc27

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone please give me some information on the Baylor Post Bacc. Is it only open to Texas residents? Is it competitive (assuming the applicant is disadvantaged)? Any other useful info?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure which specific program you are referring to but here is a link with some contact information: http://www.tambcd.edu/research/officeofresearch.html

If that doesn't help you might try calling the admissions office number which is 214-828-8231. I know that the people at Baylor are wonderful and will gladly help you with any questions that you have. I'm not sure about admissions into the program in question, but I do know that they admit very few out of state students into the DDS program. Hope this helps.

There was a pretty good thread about the post-bacc program last year. You might try a search... and I think the program is only open to Texas residents. The program only accepts around 8 people I think...

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe it is only open to texas resident
It is for Texas residents that have applied to Baylor Dental school before and not accepted. A total of 16 people are accepted...and from last years post, most of them BUT NOT ALL have a Masters degree. If you're accepted, you're pretty much accepted into their dental school for the following year. You have to score an 18 after the DAT prep course, and maintain a GPA of at least 3.25 in the courses that they recommend you take (at UTD or UNT) and you're in for sure! I'm applying for this cycle! Hope it helps!

There hasn't been any activity on this thread for a few weeks...
Has anyone who applied heard anything back from Baylor? I know apps just closed on Friday...Ms Sneed informed me that they would be contacting candidates anytime within the next week and a half or so...Hopefully someone will hear something soon!!

I applied there too. I called Ms. Sneed last week and she told me that they have received 70 applications so im guessing the numbers might have gone up little bit by the dead line. I keep checking my emails to see if i got their email. Hoping for the best. :)

Were they open during Spring Break? Anyone interviewd yet or have one scheduled?

I spoke to Ms Sneed on Monday of last week. She informed me that the adcoms would be reviewing and offering interviews within about a week and a half.....but now I wonder....is it a week and a half from the time applications close, including spring break? or a week and a half after spring break??? Hmmm

I'm new here! I applied to the Baylor Past Bacc Program and I have an interview on Wednesday. Natasha called me while at work last Friday morning. I'm so stoked! I'm assuming that there are 6 people interviewing on that date because she gave me two different times in the morning.:D

I'm new here! I applied to the Baylor Past Bacc Program and I have an interview on Wednesday. Natasha called me while at work last Friday morning. I'm so stoked! I'm assuming that there are 6 people interviewing on that date because she gave me two different times in the morning.:D

Anyone else has an interview date? So, I am ssuming that they were open during Spring Break? AllAboutSmiles, when did you turn in your application? Would you mind sharing your stats? Congrats by the way and goodluck. I'm sure you'll do great!

Anyone else has an interview date? So, I am ssuming that they were open during Spring Break? AllAboutSmiles, when did you turn in your application? Would you mind sharing your stats? Congrats by the way and goodluck. I'm sure you'll do great!

I applied to this program and submitted my application Monday, March 9th. I believe my application to be competitive, but I have yet to receive a phone call regarding an interview date. I called the office and was told that Natasha will return my call tomorrow morning (i called at 4:50pm after reading this post). For those who read this, please give input as to when you submitted your application and if you have received an interview date. Please keep this thread active in order to inform the community of any good news. Thanks! :):D;):p

My friend applied to it last year and was told if you get an interview your chances of getting in are super high since they don't interview many people. Hopefully we'll be getting that call soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied in early feb when the application was available so i am guessing they recieved all the required documents by mid feb. I am not hundred percent sure but when i spoke to Natasha she was talking something about that the only students who have so far recieved a call are the ones who applied last year too.

i applied in early feb when the application was available so i am guessing they recieved all the required documents by mid feb. I am not hundred percent sure but when i spoke to Natasha she was talking something about that the only students who have so far recieved a call are the ones who applied last year too.

Wow, that's a major blow to my confidence in my application! let's cross our fingers and hope to hear from them soon!

Hey everyone, I submitted my application in late February and had an interview today (Monday). As far as I know they are interviewing on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week and don't know whether or not they will continue next week. They mentioned that they had received around 70-75 applications and would be taking the 16. They also mentioned that they wanted to let us know quickly in order for people to make arrangements whether they were accepted or not. That is about all they let us know. Good luck to everyone who has applied and let us know if more interviews occur next week.

Hey everyone, I submitted my application in late February and had an interview today (Monday). As far as I know they are interviewing on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week and don't know whether or not they will continue next week. They mentioned that they had received around 70-75 applications and would be taking the 16. They also mentioned that they wanted to let us know quickly in order for people to make arrangements whether they were accepted or not. That is about all they let us know. Good luck to everyone who has applied and let us know if more interviews occur next week.

Thanks Scotty12 for making an account to update us on this current information!! it was very kind of you! can you also tell us how many people interviewed with you today? i hope that these are not the only dates that they are interviewing...:(

hey all, i also applied to this program this year. i submitted mine a few days before due date (due to teacher taking forever on the LOR.) i thought my app was well qualified but i havent gotten any calls yet =( i was sad to see that others have received calls, was hoping adcoms didnt start meeting yet lol. but good luck to those who have gotten interviews...you're SO SO SO lucky! oh yeah, was wondering if they actually send out rejection letters....anyone know?

i called them this morning and they basically verified that my application is complete..i also mentioned that some of my peers have received interviews and wondered if they were going to continue interviews following this week..i didn't speak directly with Natasha as she was "with a student"..but it would not make any sense if they only interviewed this week..i hope we still have a good shot as my argument would be that they have not had a chance to review all applications....WHO KNOWS?!?! blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
dang....i really hope thats not it for interviews....is someone gonna do the deed and call natasha to ask...or should i?

Hey peeps, i called Natasha this morning and she said they are pretty much done with the interviewing process :eek:, that if Dr. Lacy has the need for more students or if anyone rejects the offer, she'll continue the interviewing process!!!

Hey peeps, i called Natasha this morning and she said they are pretty much done with the interviewing process :eek:, that if Dr. Lacy has the need for more students or if anyone rejects the offer, she'll continue the interviewing process!!!

i really hope that you are kidding..that's bullshi*..i wasted my time applying to this program and didn't even get an interview?!?!?

EDIT: i just called Natasha as well and its true...i'm pretty pissed because i believe that they did not interview applicants that submitted their application close to the deadline...............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I applied early but still no interview. So i guess its over.

this SUCKS...so what are you guys' plans now?? im graduating from baylor this may...guess im going move to houston and go to summer school at UH to retake classes...and retake DATs to try and reapply for 2010...arrggghhh. =(

retake DAT too. Yeah maybe look for some Master program of one year or something at UH or UTHSC. Let me know if anybody knows of any good program.

Yea....I'm one of the alternates. :( The selection committee selected two alternates. Interviewed 26 applicants, picked 16, 2 alternates and 8 rejections from the interview process. The interview was extremely similar to past dental school interviews. I did not apply to the program last year, so I plan to mimic the post-bacc program this year and apply next. Taking graduate/ upper level sciences rather than re-taking any classes is what I plan to do. Don't give up! Keep on smiling, and everything really does happen for a reason!

oh wow..you are lucky to even be an alternate. you never know, someone might decide not to do it. cross your fingers! good luck with your future. and yeah, i hope everything is happening for a reason.