PhD/PsyD Baylor PsyD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPsychosis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any complaints about the quality of this program as of today? About over 10 years ago it was praised to be a good program for PsyD but I want to check in and see how does it compare to other programs in the country. Their program is fully funded and a practitioner-scientist (mentor based), which makes it attractive to me as someone who loves to integrate research into practice. Would you still say Baylor's PsyD today is as good as its been?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, still one of the best PsyD programs in the country and one of the few to seemingly stick to its original standards despite the cash cow that is the modern psyd program.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed with a few folks from Baylor PsyD for internship sites a few years ago and was VERY impressed. Of course that's a small sample size, but I agree with the above - it still has a great reputation and seems to produce quality trainees.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I was impressed that hence it's a PsyD program, they recognize themselves as a "practitioner-scientist" program where students must spend certain # of hours per week in a lab and plus complete a dissertation before graduation (admission is mentor-matched). So, at first I thought this program is so rare also because it's fully funded. I will continue researching about the program!