Back in the day NSU’s reputation was better, but btw association w the Amen Clinic, bloated class sizes, and rising costs, the quality has fallen off. It used to be that students could be successful despite some of the known drawbacks.
i graduated from there ~15yrs ago, and back then a student could piece together a more competitive training experience by seeking out certain mentors, participating in more research, and showing productivity through presenting and publishing. The goal was to separate yourself from the rest of the cohort so you’d be more competitive for internship and fellowship. I was one of those students who landed a top-notch fellowship and was recruited to an R1 AMC, but I had to proven myself at each step in the process. Coming from a PsyD program, I was the exception on internship and fellowship.
Knowing what I know now, I should have only looked at fully-funded programs or gone to an MD / PhD program like I had originally planned on doing.