Baylor Secondary Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 6-8 Weeks, Jul 17, 2001.

1. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member

What is everyone writing for these baylor secondary questions?

1. Describe your most significant non-scientific extracurricular activities and how you use your leisure time.

2. Describe your most significant research and medically-related experiences and list any awards and accomplishments of which you are especially proud. 2000 character limit.

It seems as if they want me to list and breifly describe the scientific and non-scientific activities, is it that simple or should i focus on one activity and describe it in greater detail?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

I went somewhere in between; I figured they had my AMCAS list of extracurriculars, so I needn't say everything, but I wasn't prepared to just ellaborate on one or two at the neglect of all others, so I chose 5 or 7 and talked a bit about what each meant to me. Perhaps we should consult lilycat, our resident baylor expert . . .

4. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Did I hear my name? ;)

I picked a few of the activities that I had listed on my AMCAS, and talked about them in paragraph form. For instance, I had listed my publications on AMCAS, but I had never described my research anywhere on there, so this was a perfect opportunity.

For #1, definitely include your hobbies and social interests, and not just pseudo-academic pursuits. I know people who have used this opportunity to mention work with a fraternity or sorority, being in a rock band, playing certain instruments, surfing, kickboxing, fiction writing, etc. Give your potential interviewer some interesting subject material. :)