Baylor vs Boston Children's -- help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2005md2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently interviewed at both Boston and Baylor for a peds spot, and I think both programs are incredible. I am basically torn right now bewteen Baylor and Boston Children's. Any add'l info on either program would be great ...

1. Why didn't we meet many other peds interns during my Baylor interview day? I didn't see many on the tour either. (specifically Baylor)
2. What is a typical day? What time do you come in and start/leave on avg?
3. How are the teaching/conferences? Does faculty spend time with the residents, and are they interested in teaching?
4. Is it true you don't get golden weekends at Baylor?
5. How many patients do you admit and carry on avg (min/max)?
5. Is the class tight? Many married residents? Does anyone hang out outside of the hospital?
6. How competitive is matching at either program?
7. How's living in Houston? Are the summers really THAT brutal? (I have spent time in Boston -- I know I like it there.)

Thanks for any info you might offer!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a resident at Baylor, and I'm happy to field any questions you have...PM me.

Regarding the heat, yeah, it's hot. However, you'll be in a hospital.
Also, I used to live in Boston. The hottest summer I've ever experienced was there. At least in Houston you have AC everywhere you go...