Baylor vs. U. Chicago

Started by GS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GS

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Darn, the decision is so tough. On the one thing it would be so much cheaper to go to Baylor and it is higher ranked, but I get the feeling that U. Chicago has a better reputation and better residency placement. What do yall think?
 
Gotta be Baylor (cos Trek will most likely be there next year. Love you major!) --Trek
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ofcourse, both are great schools and you can't go wrong in terms of setting up your career at either one of them. Other intangibles aside (proximity to family, weather(the Chicago winters will freeze your nuts off), cost of living, etc) my impression is that both schools have similar reputations and it would be hard for anyone to say that one school is "undeniably" more reputable than the other. Going off name and rep alone in the case of these two schools would be difficult.

I personally liked Baylor better.
 
I personally would go with Baylor. I feel the schools are about equal, but the cost of Baylor pushes it over the top.
 
Looking at the poll numbers, I don't think this poll is going to help.......49% to 51%. pretty even
 
Just reflecting that they're equally great schools. Like others have said, i think this one is more of a preference issue than a quality issue. I thought chicago was AWESOME when i went there (in no small part due to the true p/f and cool students), but baylor for me is 1/5th of the price and only 2 hours from my folks and sister. --Trek