Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relaxingyogi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any one please tell me how safe is Baylor? I heard that last year a medical student got killed there. I know they have a great P.A. program, but I am concern about my safety. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a med student there, and it's actually pretty safe. The med student who was killed was actually in a neighborhood south of Baylor, out alone at 11:00pm at night. It was not on the campus. I know it sounds kind of trite, but you just have to keep in mind that Baylor is in Houston, a really big city, with all the associated problems that large cities have. If you are not from a large city, or don't have much experience living in them, you just have to change your habits accordingly. For instance, I have made a very conscious effort not to go out by myself past 9pm, unless I am in an area that I know very well, and that I consider to be very safe. Houston is totally manageable from a safety perspective as long as you are smart about it.

Thanks for the info. I feel better about it. :)