BC Pattern Folding vs. Generator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

accever09

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've been practicing PAT on both the BC practice tests and the generator. I've found I've been getting 12/15 for pattern folding on the BC practice tests but on the DAT generator I've getting about half of the problems right and half wrong. I was wondering how close the real PAT was compared to BC practice tests and generators. The patterns on the generators blow my mind.

Members don't see this ad.

For me, the BC practice tests were more similar to the real PAT. The generators are good for developing and testing strategies whereas the practice tests are good to gauge how you'll perform on test day.

For me, the BC practice tests were more similar to the real PAT. The generators are good for developing and testing strategies whereas the practice tests are good to gauge how you'll perform on test day.
I'm glad to hear that! Some of the pattern folding problems on the generator are kind of difficult and it takes me ages to see why the right answer is the correct one!

BC pattern folding was harder than my actual exam, but the overall difficulty on BC PAT is very similar to the real PAT. Just continue to practice daily and train your eyes to recognize the little details!

BC pattern folding was harder than my actual exam, but the overall difficulty on BC PAT is very similar to the real PAT. Just continue to practice daily and train your eyes to recognize the little details!
That's good to hear! BC I'm doing fine in but the DAT generators is way more difficult!

Reactions: 1 user