BCP, Other Science, or Non Science???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hardbody

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am still a little bit confused on how a few of the classes that I have taken should be classified.

The first is a class titled: Physical Science, which is a FORENSIC SCIENCE class (mandatory for criminal justice majors), but has a CH (for chemistry) designation. Is this class BCP, Other science, or Non-Science. I read an earlier thread that classified a forensic science class as non science, but physical science as other science. I am really confused.

The second class is titled: Concepts in Math, it has MA designation (for math), but the class is far from quantitative. It is basically for students with majors where math is not needed. It is more of a history of math class than a math class.

The third class is titled: Business Statistics, it has an AC deisgnation (for accounting, go figure), but is virtually the same as a regular statistics class (we learned all the same concepts). In fact we had the same final exam, and we did not even do any business applications. I guess behavorial statistics is considered math, so it would be under other science, so does this mean business statistics would be also?

I just want to classify these classes the correct way, but I am really confused.

Members don't see this ad.

I would mark the 1st as BCP, and the last 2 has Other Science.

If AADSAS sees the need to change it, they will.

See, I have the same issue with my History of Science class which is desginated CHEM ###. I think it should go under history courses because we did not have any labs and did not learn anything one could learn from a true science course. Yet AADSAS would probably count it towards my BCP gpa because of the designation.

Concerning your classes, I agree with the previous response.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are you guys designating math as other science? What about computer course? other science?

Wondering about the same question, would you classify math as other science or non-science?

math is other science. in the official AADSAS instructions manual, it says to use your best judgment regarding course designations. one of their examples was that if you take an upper level psych class that was mainly bio (eg. neuroscience), you can designate that as BCP even though it is in the psych department.