Bcpm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faze2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think someone already asked this question, but I could not find it. I know what BCPM gpa is. But I would like to know what classes are considered in the BCPM and which are not.

Like, I was an Econ major in my undergrad. Would classes like Macroeconomics and Microeconomics be considered a "math class?" They were pretty math intensive, but also a lot of economic theory. Other Econ classes were less math and more theory.
Would a Human Sexuality class be considered a Bio class or not? Would Psych be in BCPM?

Basically, is there a list that schools use for which classes fall into the category of BCPM or is it all dependent on their preferences?

Members don't see this ad.

The definitive source is the AMCAS instructions that the previous poster posted, but to my recollection, NONE of the classes that the OP listed would be considered BCPM. Check the instructions to make sure.

Rule of thumb (but not 100% correct -- CHECK THE LIST) is to go by the department that teaches the course.

Members don't see this ad :)
The definitive source is the AMCAS instructions that the previous poster posted, but to my recollection, NONE of the classes that the OP listed would be considered BCPM. Check the instructions to make sure.

Rule of thumb (but not 100% correct -- CHECK THE LIST) is to go by the department that teaches the course.

:thumbup: i agree. i assume that is why you have to pick the department when you add a course on your AMCAS

Just make sure to pay attention that ALL your bio related classes are accounted for by AMCAS. When I entered my grades and courses, for some reason AMCAS did not include all my classes into my final GPA which I found to be very weird. Other people went through the same thing as well and it took a few calls and inquiries to AMCAS until the situation was rectified.

I was a physics major...umm...am I going to be punished for my lack of an A in quantum field theory?

BCPM = Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math.

If the classes don't start with any of the 4 words above, they don't count towards your BCPM GPA. This is my understanding. :)