Bcpm

Started by iPremed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iPremed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Would "EES" (Earth and Environmental Sciences) be included into the BCPM gpa?
how about astronomy?

2. I'm thinking of taking an easier 5th class to boost my gpa..(junior year)
would it look bad thou if i took a 101 course junior year..? I plan on taking an upperlevel bio, upperlevel psych internship, research for credit (10+ hours per week), and physics retake, and either this easy course or stat...not sure yet..

3. does research count in bcpm?
 
Last edited:
EES is not BCPM. But I believe Astronomy does count in the BCPM calculation.

I don't know the answer to your last question, sorry.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a website posted before in another thread that had a similar title to this one.

It really does not matter because in the end, the AMCAS evaluator that checks the accuracy for a transcript will either correct it or leave as is. It will be indicated on the AMCAS itself if any corrections has been made after processing.

Like I said, just type bcpm in the search field and look at the different threads that show up. There is a link. Hopefully, if I find it first, I will post it here for your reference.
 
I haven't seen that link before so that was very helpful thanks!


Would you say it would be okay to have a 5th class be low-100 level if the other 4 are upper level?

Thanks!
 
Does LAb Course ( Like Principles of Chemistry LAB) should be included in BCPM GPA?
I searched the net but coul not find it.
Though I feel that i shoul dbe included.
any comments please?
 
Yes lab counts as a BCMP.

EES is not BCMP, Astro is (it's included in physics).

Nothing wrong with a 101, research is BCMP if it's BCMP research.
 
Yes lab counts as a BCMP.

EES is not BCMP, Astro is (it's included in physics).

Nothing wrong with a 101, research is BCMP if it's BCMP research.

Thank you very much.

Now one more question:

INTRO TO PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE : Does it count towards BCPM?

Thanks