BCPS Fall 2021 test thoughts...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Any1410s

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I took the BCPS exam today. I’ve spent a lot of time the past 6 months reading what folks said about the spring 2021 exam…about it being completely random and not what they expected at all. That basically sums it up for me today…it was all over the place. A few questions were laugh out loud absurd (I had people staring at me when I busted out laughing). Some I thought were laughably easy…like NAPLEX easy. How did I do you ask? You know, I really don’t know. I consider myself a good test taker and think I did ok. I didn’t leave crying or anything…but it was just ok. I’ve spent the last 6 months studying everything with HYMR…I also bought the ACCP biostats material and the Med101 Regulatory review. Test wise, I took the ACCP Mock Exam (59%) [before buying the ACCP biostats material] and the Med101 exam (69%). I did the Mock exam without stopping after 100 questions and the Med101 exam with a 30 minute break. I felt like taking the break helped me today….and, during the break you can go to your phone or notes and look up stuff like I did (didn’t miss anything I wrote down to look up later).

My suggestion for those who haven’t taken the exam yet….Study biostats and regulatory like your life depended on it. That’s 35% (25% & 10%) of the exam (and I literally marked 43 slash marks counting the stats questions)…I couldn’t WAIT for the stats questions. I struggled with stats in pharmacy school 17 years ago. I swear I was socially passed because I never really understood them. HYMR and ACCP changed that dramatically. I am positive I got all those questions right today. Regulatory I got the majority but not as confident I got them all right but probably 75%.

Now the long wait until mid-December.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting on BCCCP. Anyone know what time results are usually posted?? Also my profile on BPS says the status is that I have 1 cert waiting on exam. Is this normal?

Passed BCPPS! My result was posted this morning when I checked at 8am but I haven’t actually received an official email. It will say cert waiting on exam until they change it to pass/fail. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Passed BCPPS! My result was posted this morning when I checked at 8am but I haven’t actually received an official email. It will say cert waiting on exam until they change it to pass/fail. Good luck!
Does your name show up when searching 'find a board certified pharmacist'?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will it say cert waiting on exam under “system message”?

Reactions: 1 user
BCACP score posted but no email... I've seen elsewhere where scores were posted before emails received. Anyone else?
Yep, the BPS account was updated for me about 40-45 minutes before I received an e-mail. The BPS lookup was updated several hours after.

Yep, the BPS account was updated for me about 40-45 minutes before I received an e-mail. The BPS lookup was updated several hours after.
Wondering if it’s released by last name??? What is the 1st letter of your last name?
My is still says “eligible “

Wondering if it’s released by last name??? What is the 1st letter of your last name?
My is still says “eligible “
Hmm interesting probably if it’s on a rolling basis. My last name starts with “L”. I can only speak for the BCCCP exam though.

I don’t think it’s by last name or test date. My last name starts with an O, and I took towards the end of the cycle. I took bcps and I found out I passed this morning. I really think it is random. Just keep refreshing till Tuesday. I know it sucks.

I don’t think it’s by last name or test date. My last name starts with an O, and I took towards the end of the cycle. I took bcps and I found out I passed this morning. I really think it is random. Just keep refreshing till Tuesday. I know it sucks.
Congrats 🙏🏽. Same here I took my exam 10/4 and refreshed almost every hour yesterday.

My last name starts with M and I tested at the end of the testing period. I found out this morning at about 9 that I passed the BCPS (yay!) but still haven't gotten the email. Just keep checking the site and good luck!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
My last name is like the last 5 alphabets and I tested on the last day. I found out I passed on the login page right now. But I cannot search for my credentials yet.

Do you think it’s updated by testing site names maybe?

Good day
Unfortunately i got 496
Is it worthy or working rescoring request or need retake exam again 😭?

• Sad
Good day
Unfortunately i got 496

My status is still “eligible “ 😬🤔😬😬😬
Last name starts with V, took in on 10/06

Good day
Unfortunately i got 496
I read on their website that you can get it rescore but it doesn't seem like people's score have changed? Based on their language on the website, it sounds like everyone who has gone through the rescoring process that their score has been the same.

"Please note that the scoring process is very accurate, and the BPS scoring process already includes several quality assurance steps, including a review of all examination results following examination administration. This service is to satisfy a point of candidate interest, but BPS has not encountered an instance of scoring calculation error to date. The cost for this additional scoring service is $50."

Still waiting as well! Wonder how often they upload the results in a day. I don’t want to be checking every hour anymore lol.

Still waiting as well! Wonder how often they upload the results in a day. I don’t want to be checking every hour anymore lol.
Still waiting as well. Three people that took the test the same day as me has gotten their results. Wonder when is the best time to check back lol

Good day
Unfortunately i got 496
I got 499 BCCCP. So annoying. I submitted rescoring request. I am pretty sure it won't change anything, but I did it anyway. Planing on retaking the exam in spring.

Unfortunately, failed my first attempt at the BCPS (got in the low 480s). Planning on retaking, but taking out all my material that I had hoped to put away for good is depressing.

I did have a question. I used High Yields the first time to help supplement my study sessions. A friend suggested getting the ACCP mock exam. If I'm only willing to buy one of them, any recommendations for which to get?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, failed my first attempt at the BCPS (got in the low 480s). Planning on retaking, but taking out all my material that I had hoped to put away for good is depressing.

I did have a question. I used High Yields the first time to help supplement my study sessions. A friend suggested getting the ACCP mock exam. If I'm only willing to buy one of them, any recommendations for which to get?
ACCP mock exam. The questions are structured very similarly, but were much harder than the actual exam in my opinion. It'll give you confidence in certain topics and allow you to brush up on weak areas before retaking. If you score ~65%+ on the mock, you will pass the exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all who passed BCPS!
Would you all mind sharing your general experiences about the exam and background like the materials you all used, and how you used them, like how many times did you review and went over practice questions etc. Did you all have to work full time or take large amounts of time off? Studied at library/starbucks/home/work? Studied in groups or independently?

I am currently scheduled to take BCPS in the spring for the first time. I have Med Reviews and that is like going to pharmacy school all over again.

Much appreciate your input.

Would you all mind sharing your general experiences about the exam and background like the materials you all used, and how you used them, like how many times did you review and went over practice questions etc. Did you all have to work full time or take large amounts of time off? Studied at library/starbucks/home/work? Studied in groups or independently?

I am currently scheduled to take BCPS in the spring for the first time. I have Med Reviews and that is like going to pharmacy school all over again.

I used High Yield Med Reviews only and passed the first time. I did the full year-long program and highly recommend it, if you're willing to put in the work. I watched all the lectures, did all the review questions, and attended all the virtual case sessions and rapid reviews. It was great for me because I wanted to make sure I knew the material and didn't just memorize things or try to cram. Honestly, the best part is that I walked out of that exam with a smile on my face because I knew I had passed. I didn't worry about my score for weeks. I studied for about 30 minutes to 1 hour a day (usually I watched 1 lecture per day and there are TONS) and I work full time. I studied at home, 100% independently (but study groups never worked for me). I didn't take any time off. I purchased the premium package in October 2020 and I probably finished everything around the beginning of August. The last couple of months were spent completely on the rapid reviews, case sessions, and the Qbank, and I probably more time studying then just because the sessions were longer. But you do get CE credit, so that's a plus.
Good luck!!!

I used High Yield Med Reviews only and passed the first time. I did the full year-long program and highly recommend it, if you're willing to put in the work. I watched all the lectures, did all the review questions, and attended all the virtual case sessions and rapid reviews. It was great for me because I wanted to make sure I knew the material and didn't just memorize things or try to cram. Honestly, the best part is that I walked out of that exam with a smile on my face because I knew I had passed. I didn't worry about my score for weeks. I studied for about 30 minutes to 1 hour a day (usually I watched 1 lecture per day and there are TONS) and I work full time. I studied at home, 100% independently (but study groups never worked for me). I didn't take any time off. I purchased the premium package in October 2020 and I probably finished everything around the beginning of August. The last couple of months were spent completely on the rapid reviews, case sessions, and the Qbank, and I probably more time studying then just because the sessions were longer. But you do get CE credit, so that's a plus.
Good luck!!!
Thanks for sharing, that's so amazing that you walked out of there knowing you passed!! That must be the best feeling ever! I was wondering if you you would mind sharing your score? If you don't feel comfortable in posting it, happy to DM you.

Good luck!!!
Thank you so so much for your response, that is very encouraging! I have never heard of anyone before about smiling out of the exam :)

Did you make review sheets/notes from the lectures?

I used ACCP material only! total ~ 4 weeks of study (I work full time), my studying was mainly on weekends (at a Barnes and Noble cafe) and 1-2 hours a day on weekdays, sometimes I study a little longer if not tired. The only day I took off from work was the exam day. I can't study in groups, just not my thing.
I was a little rusty on biostat so I started reading the biostat chapter in the RxPrep book just to help me review the basics. Once basics regained, I moved to the ACCP biostat chapter. This created a nice transition for me. KNOW biostat.
I managed to cover about 60% of the ACCP material focusing on subjects I felt the need to brush up on!
I highly recommend taking the mock exams by ACCP and ASHP a week or more before exam date (worth the investment). This gives you a feel how ready you're for the actual exam.
I did not have a lot of time to study but I managed to pass with a decent score. If you can give yourself more time to study, then even better.
Don't put too much pressure on yourself, remember, if you don't pass, its NOT the end of the world!!
Good luck

Does anyone know when they'll post the fall 2021 test results so we can see the pass rates?