BCPS Fall 2021 test thoughts...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Any1410s

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I took the BCPS exam today. I’ve spent a lot of time the past 6 months reading what folks said about the spring 2021 exam…about it being completely random and not what they expected at all. That basically sums it up for me today…it was all over the place. A few questions were laugh out loud absurd (I had people staring at me when I busted out laughing). Some I thought were laughably easy…like NAPLEX easy. How did I do you ask? You know, I really don’t know. I consider myself a good test taker and think I did ok. I didn’t leave crying or anything…but it was just ok. I’ve spent the last 6 months studying everything with HYMR…I also bought the ACCP biostats material and the Med101 Regulatory review. Test wise, I took the ACCP Mock Exam (59%) [before buying the ACCP biostats material] and the Med101 exam (69%). I did the Mock exam without stopping after 100 questions and the Med101 exam with a 30 minute break. I felt like taking the break helped me today….and, during the break you can go to your phone or notes and look up stuff like I did (didn’t miss anything I wrote down to look up later).

My suggestion for those who haven’t taken the exam yet….Study biostats and regulatory like your life depended on it. That’s 35% (25% & 10%) of the exam (and I literally marked 43 slash marks counting the stats questions)…I couldn’t WAIT for the stats questions. I struggled with stats in pharmacy school 17 years ago. I swear I was socially passed because I never really understood them. HYMR and ACCP changed that dramatically. I am positive I got all those questions right today. Regulatory I got the majority but not as confident I got them all right but probably 75%.

Now the long wait until mid-December.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I took the BCPS exam today. I’ve spent a lot of time the past 6 months reading what folks said about the spring 2021 exam…about it being completely random and not what they expected at all. That basically sums it up for me today…it was all over the place. A few questions were laugh out loud absurd (I had people staring at me when I busted out laughing). Some I thought were laughably easy…like NAPLEX easy. How did I do you ask? You know, I really don’t know. I consider myself a good test taker and think I did ok. I didn’t leave crying or anything…but it was just ok. I’ve spent the last 6 months studying everything with HYMR…I also bought the ACCP biostats material and the Med101 Regulatory review. Test wise, I took the ACCP Mock Exam (59%) [before buying the ACCP biostats material] and the Med101 exam (69%). I did the Mock exam without stopping after 100 questions and the Med101 exam with a 30 minute break. I felt like taking the break helped me today….and, during the break you can go to your phone or notes and look up stuff like I did (didn’t miss anything I wrote down to look up later).

My suggestion for those who haven’t taken the exam yet….Study biostats and regulatory like your life depended on it. That’s 35% (25% & 10%) of the exam (and I literally marked 43 slash marks counting the stats questions)…I couldn’t WAIT for the stats questions. I struggled with stats in pharmacy school 17 years ago. I swear I was socially passed because I never really understood them. HYMR and ACCP changed that dramatically. I am positive I got all those questions right today. Regulatory I got the majority but not as confident I got them all right but probably 75%.

Now the long wait until mid-December.
Update July 2022

I PASSED with a 503 on my 2nd attempt at the test. So for those who are finding this while scrolling through previous years' posts...don't give up! Keep at it.

Reactions: 1 user