BCPS FALL 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharrfish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, took the test last week, bcps, hopefully this time will be the one. What did you all think of the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I just took the test yesterday. It was actually my 2nd attempt. IT was very HARD and I did not have enough time to go through each questions and had to rush at the end. I hope I pass this time but I am not confident. Finger crossed:)

This is my 4 th time taking it, I still thought it was hard. I’m keeping my fingers crossed too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took BCACP - I thought it was pretty hard! It was my first time taking a BPS exam

I took the BCPS on 9/23 and now anxiously waiting for the results.. It is a difficult exam overall also because it is so general and we can get questions on anything! Hope we all hear good news though!

I concentrated on statistics to make sure I got those ones, but I got confused with specificity/sensitivity and effective and efficacious

I concentrated on statistics to make sure I got those ones, but I got confused with specificity/sensitivity and effective and efficacious
Yes I definitely focused on biostatistics as well as regulatory to ensure I at least get those right since those are the areas we know for sure we will get. I think I had the specificity and sensitivity down but I definitely got confused with the effectiveness vs efficacious component

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, took the test last week, bcps, hopefully this time will be the one. What did you all think of the exam?
Thought it was hard - felt like I had more time on the first 1/2 then the second half. Felt like I rushed on the second 1/2 of the test. What did you guys think?

Also got confused on the effective vs. efficacious. Do you know how to answer that question?

Thought it was hard - felt like I had more time on the first 1/2 then the second half. Felt like I rushed on the second 1/2 of the test. What did you guys think?
I felt like my brain was fried so it took me longer to think on the second half. I hope I didn’t screw up questions just because I was so tired already.

When you guys login to BPS website, does it still say “defer exam, view instructions, and withdraw exam” under Actions? It’s almost like I haven’t taken the test yet? Is that normal?

I felt like my brain was fried so it took me longer to think on the second half. I hope I didn’t screw up questions just because I was so tired already.
Thinking back, I realized that I may have overthought some questions that were probably just simple questions…assuming that they’re trying to be tricky. I’ve caught myself questioning “are they trying to test this or that” and the answer would really depend.

Thinking back, I realized that I may have overthought some questions that were probably just simple questions…assuming that they’re trying to be tricky. I’ve caught myself questioning “are they trying to test this or that” and the answer would really depend.
Yeah same. I guess not the end of the world to fail and retake but was really hoping not to. And yes mine also makes it look like I didn’t take it. Dunno if it’s normal but I got the email after I took it at prometric saying I completed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s my 2nd attempt. I think the questions are easier (clinical and stat) compared to the spring exam…

In spring exam I only had prob less than 10 stat questions (no calculations at all) and a LOT policy/regulation and clinical questions. This time I had much more stat questions with calculations. I’m more confident with the fall exam but I’m also worried I don’t pass. If I cant pass the fall exam, I dont know what else or how much I should study more for the next time

This time the test didn't make me take the survey at the end? Did you guys have the survey?

I don't know if my brain was fried along with the fact it just couldn't handle how much wordier the second half was! lol!

When you guys login to BPS website, does it still say “defer exam, view instructions, and withdraw exam” under Actions? It’s almost like I haven’t taken the test yet? Is that normal?
Yes, that's normal. It'll show that until you get your results around thanksgiving

Reactions: 2 users
This time the test didn't make me take the survey at the end? Did you guys have the survey?
I actually just got an email with a link to a survey, assuming maybe that’s the survey they used to do at the end of the test?

I walked out of the exam feeling good but all that went away after a few hours of rest. I changed some questions to the wrong answer. Haha! I wanted to throw up.

I walked out of the exam feeling good but all that went away after a few hours of rest. I changed some questions to the wrong answer. Haha! I wanted to throw up.
I looked up things during my break and realized I had answered 10 things wrong on part 1 for the Spring exam and still passed. I'm sure you did fine.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I looked up things during my break and realized I had answered 10 things wrong on part 1 for the Spring exam and still passed. I'm sure you did fine.
Omg that’s so motivating!!

Gosh I don’t know how people wait 60 days to find out they passed. It’s been 2 weeks since I took mine and I am so impatient lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
elybid said:
----------------------------

I switched two questions to the wrong answer without looking them up... and that's on top of half of the questions I am not 100% sure about and wouldn't even know where to look up the correct answers ... so haha

Anyone have any ideas of when the exam scores maybe coming out? Getting real nervous. Not sure what to expect?

Do you think the exams scores may come out earlier as the fall session closed early this year?
It looks like scores have been SLOWLY moving towards the middle of November. They might release something soon about which dates each test will release (I can't figure out how to word this better). Doesn't stop me from checking once a day just in case! Less than 21 days left, hopefully!

It looks like scores have been SLOWLY moving towards the middle of November. They might release something soon about which dates each test will release (I can't figure out how to word this better). Doesn't stop me from checking once a day just in case! Less than 21 days left, hopefully!
I hope you’re right!! I’m on the struggle bus over here

Just fyi I called bps this morning and they did confirm that the results will be out before the first of December but didn’t say any more details than that…

Just fyi I called bps this morning and they did confirm that the results will be out before the first of December but didn’t say any more details than that…
This made me laugh way harder than it should've. Good luck this week/second half of the month!

FYI

Fall 2022 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:

• November 21, 2022– Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Critical Care Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy, Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy
  • November 22, 2022– Oncology Pharmacy, Geriatric Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy, Solid Organ Transplantation Pharmacy
  • November 23, 2022– Pharmacotherapy

Reactions: 3 users
FYI

Fall 2022 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:

• November 21, 2022– Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Critical Care Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy, Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy
  • November 22, 2022– Oncology Pharmacy, Geriatric Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy, Solid Organ Transplantation Pharmacy
This countdown is the worst 😭 so much anxiety lol. Of course BCPS is the last one to be released too

FYI

I got my BCOP recert results yesterday.

I got my BCOP recert results yesterday.
Yea, so far, I saw oncology, ambulatory care, and geriatrics results out. Probably a few more. BCPS hopefully tomorrow, but seems like they’ve been rolling out results earlier. The dates they indicated on their website is probably the latest we should have the results by.

Good luck to everyone finding out results this week. It's almost over!

Yea, so far, I saw oncology, ambulatory care, and geriatrics results out. Probably a few more. BCPS hopefully tomorrow, but seems like they’ve been rolling out results earlier. The dates they indicated on their website is probably the latest we should have the results by.
infectious diseases is out. I got a 495. Would you guys pay to have them regrade or no?

I agree, the rescore did not change mine, and I had a 497

Bcps results are rolling out…unfortunately didn’t pass, but good luck to all of you

Has the BCPS scores been released yet? Has anyone got their scores yet?

I took it 9/23 and my result just came out and I passed! Hoping for great news for everyone!

Congratulations! I took my exam on 9/26 and I passed! Praying for all of you as well!

I took my BPS test in IV sterile compounding on 9/22 in San Diego and I passed!! Yay, the test was so random and I made my company pay for the ashp course, which initially I thought didn’t help, but it did, I guess

I passed!!! I was curious if anyone knows and I missed it on the site - I was on the 2022 spring thread and people were discussing how they scored on different components. Is there a way to see that? Mine just says my score. This is for bcacp not bcps.

I passed!!! I was curious if anyone knows and I missed it on the site - I was on the 2022 spring thread and people were discussing how they scored on different components. Is there a way to see that? Mine just says my score. This is for bcacp not bcps.
Congratulations! Mine is for BCPS but same applies to me - it only shows me my score and does not have a breakdown of how I did on different components

I got my bcps score and didnt pass. 498. It hurts to see how close I was. I am willing to take it in Spring 2023. Is there a study group for that test, I really need accountability and moral support.

I got my bcps score and didnt pass. 498. It hurts to see how close I was. I am willing to take it in Spring 2023. Is there a study group for that test, I really need accountability and moral support.
This was my second attempt and I failed with 495. It really feels bad! Now I am discouraged to take it for the third time.. :(

This was my second attempt and I failed with 495. It really feels bad! Now I am discouraged to take it for the third time.. :(
me too. It was my second attempt and i did not pass again with 485.. so discouraged and embarassed😵‍💫😵‍💫 i have no idea how differently i should approch to study for third exam.. i feel like the exam has all random broad questions. so u never know or can expect what kind of questions will be on the exam even though you read through all ACCP study materials and practice problems..