BCPS Recertification - ASHP vs ACCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newyork17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently became BCPS certified and am looking into options for recertification. I am considering the monthly ASHP subscription vs the PSAP recertification through ACCP.

Does anyone have experience/recommendations for either?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

In previous cycles I have done ACCP's PSAPs since it was the only game in town but I switched to the ASHP product for this cycle. The PSAPs would seem to be more information-dense and have helpful and detailed practice points. Kind of the converse of that I suppose is that there were entire books that were equally detailed but didn't relate to my everyday practice at all (pediatrics, psychiatry) but I still had to complete them if I was at the point in the credit cycle that required me to do so.

I just started the ASHP 3 year recert product for BCPS and will start the BCCCP one nearer to the end of my cycle for that. It seems to be a bit easier and more broadly applicable. The current topics are shock, diabetes, and men's health. The activities and deadlines are spread out further over the year I think.

I think the PSAPs are more "prestigious" but the ASHP recert product is cheaper and easier. I would warn you that since you have just become certified, you can earn no more than 60 of the required 120 hours prior to the end of the fourth year of seven, but you can earn all 120 in the last 3 years. If you're going with the ASHP 3 year recert, you might want to wait until year 4 to join.

Reactions: 1 user