Bcps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drugs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can any one please let me know how to prepare for BCPS, where to get study material,
how long does the preparation take, how much does it cost
Do I have to work when preparing or if I want to take the certification exam.
Thanks a ton for all the info in advance

Members don't see this ad.

can any one please let me know how to prepare for BCPS, where to get study material,
how long does the preparation take, how much does it cost
Do I have to work when preparing or if I want to take the certification exam.
Thanks a ton for all the info in advance
I have many co-workers who have BCPS or BCACP and they all took 6-12 months to study. Could probably cram in 4-6 months. Experience is another big factor. I believe the saying is the more retail experience the higher the fail rate. Clinical/hospital/ambulatory experience is the best. ACCP has good info I'm told and provides CE too although expensive $600 or so. I opted for high yield med review. Seems like a good program. It has about 1800 test questions with detailed explanations. Online lectures are straightforward and concepts explained well. I'm glad I went with them and it ran about $350. Downside is no CE credits but it is nearly half the price. If you do decide to go with them please fill in the referral box with my user name (Elizagaray). Either way good look. Some employers like the Dept of Veteran Affairs will give you a raise with board certification so it is worth it. Worst case scenario is you fail, but learned a lot of new info along the way. Good Luck.

I have many co-workers who have BCPS or BCACP and they all took 6-12 months to study. Could probably cram in 4-6 months. Experience is another big factor. I believe the saying is the more retail experience the higher the fail rate. Clinical/hospital/ambulatory experience is the best. ACCP has good info I'm told and provides CE too although expensive $600 or so. I opted for high yield med review. Seems like a good program. It has about 1800 test questions with detailed explanations. Online lectures are straightforward and concepts explained well. I'm glad I went with them and it ran about $350. Downside is no CE credits but it is nearly half the price. If you do decide to go with them please fill in the referral box with my user name (Elizagaray). Either way good look. Some employers like the Dept of Veteran Affairs will give you a raise with board certification so it is worth it. Worst case scenario is you fail, but learned a lot of new info along the way. Good Luck.
Elizagaray. Are you saying I can use your user name and password to log in to high yeild med review. Also, how many CE hours you get if you pass bcps? Thanks

Elizagaray. Are you saying I can use your user name and password to log in to high yeild med review. Also, how many CE hours you get if you pass bcps? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting what you say about HYMR--I used both ACCP and HYMR and thought both were useful but if I had to pick one, it would be ACCP hands down. HYMR didn't have the latest guidelines and seemed to be more geared to basics. I don't think I would have passed if I used HYMR alone.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting what you say about HYMR--I used both ACCP and HYMR and thought both were useful but if I had to pick one, it would be ACCP hands down. HYMR didn't have the latest guidelines and seemed to be more geared to basics. I don't think I would have passed if I used HYMR alone.
I agree.. I had both ACCP and HYMR. The only part of HYMR that i found helpful and thorough was the statistics portion. I don't believe HYMR would have been enough to pass.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the complete home set of ACCP and ASHP is offering their online course free for residents if you pay $10 a month for 7 years for their recertification material. I'm debating on using them. Do you guys think I should get at least the stats part of the HYMR or the whole thing?

I have the complete home set of ACCP and ASHP is offering their online course free for residents if you pay $10 a month for 7 years for their recertification material. I'm debating on using them. Do you guys think I should get at least the stats part of the HYMR or the whole thing?
The stats part of HYMR is very good but you won't need it if you aren't having trouble understanding the stats. I also think the book that ACCP puts out is excellent--lots of questions and I feel like things in that book that aren't in the ACCP material show up on the test. Well worth the $20.

Meh, I stink at stats. I think I'll just get the stats portion and study from my ACCP material.

Where is the info about the online review for residents from ASHP . Can't seem to find it