Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Surprise at having To wait for your next paycheck to have the cash to buy a dip
I know for myself, I bought more then my share of dips these past few weeks. Nothing like a good dip, double dip then a scary drop off the edge… 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my eye on the $DXY chart a strong $USD is bad for equities and BTC (which is still a risk off asset, but might be changing). But I still believe the Federal Reserve won’t taper and will continue to debase the US fiat dollar with massive money printing so BTC will increase vs the USD in the long run. Still bullish but I see this as a buying opportunity and we could see price range from 49-58K as more accumulation Continues.

If price falls below the 50W MA (presently 47.2K I’ll be looking at 35 and 20K

Surprise at having To wait for your next paycheck to have the cash to buy a dip

I've gotten trigger happy earlier this year when I bought the dip hard and it kept on dipping. Now I know better.

I have my eye on the $DXY chart a strong $USD is bad for equities and BTC (which is still a risk off asset, but might be changing). But I still believe the Federal Reserve won’t taper and will continue to debase the US fiat dollar with massive money printing so BTC will increase vs the USD in the long run. Still bullish but I see this as a buying opportunity and we could see price range from 49-58K as more accumulation Continues.

If price falls below the 50W MA (presently 47.2K I’ll be looking at 35 and 20K

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Fed is already tapering. At this point it’s just a question of how quickly they do it and how much they can raise interest rates without throwing our economy into another recession. Powell and the Fed could care less about cryptocurrency. Inflation is here, the party is over.

Reactions: 1 user
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Fed is already tapering. At this point it’s just a question of how quickly they do it and how much they can raise interest rates without throwing our economy into another recession. Powell and the Fed could care less about cryptocurrency. Inflation is here, the party is over.

The party is over for both stocks and crypto?

“Likely to taper” lol

If a taper was actually attempted, my bet is they will reverse course. A taper would result in an equity markets crash. The treasury and Federal reserve are in lockstep. No politician wants a crash on their watch. Plus a lot of them are heavily invested in the markets( like the federal reserve bankers who were trading options before monetary policy).

So, no I don’t believe a real sustained taper is on the horizon. Talk of a likely taper is much different than a taper that actually occurs. As for BTC I think the party continues till a blow off top sometime 2022. If that doesn’t happen and we drop hard, I’ll be accumulating like I have.

“Likely to taper” lol

If a taper was actually attempted, my bet is they will reverse course. A taper would result in an equity markets crash. The treasury and Federal reserve are in lockstep. No politician wants a crash on their watch. Plus a lot of them are heavily invested in the markets( like the federal reserve bankers who were trading options before monetary policy).

So, no I don’t believe a real sustained taper is on the horizon. Talk of a likely taper is much different than a taper that actually occurs. As for BTC I think the party continues till a blow off top sometime 2022. If that doesn’t happen and we drop hard, I’ll be accumulating like I have.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Again, the Fed has already started to taper, which they announced in early November. From the November FOMC statement:

In light of the substantial further progress the economy has made toward the Committee's goals since last December, the Committee decided to begin reducing the monthly pace of its net asset purchases by $10 billion for Treasury securities and $5 billion for agency mortgage-backed securities.

Here is the full statement if you care to actually read it.

In fact, due to inflation and our strong economy, Powell has signaled that they may even increase the rate of tapering by $5 billion per month. This would put the tapering on track to end by mid 2022.

So yeah, the Fed is already tapering. They may or may not speed it up. The equity markets have known that this is coming for some time now and are handling it just fine. We’re not seeing a “taper tantrum.”

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a new attending. Military service, 10 years to graduate college due to deployments etc. I joined SDN when I was like 23 or something when I finally decided to be a doctor. Currently 38 now. Believe it or not, those old discussions on here with the "old guard", of which some of y'all are still around, got me fairly interested in Anesthesia to begin with, so it was a rotation I did in med school early and I loved it.
Long story short, this Army pay is paying me well enough, but it ain't like I'm earning that average for anesthesia. I'm definitely <25%ile.

Reactions: 4 users
I regret buying SOL now 🤣I think it's gonna drop. Wish I put it all in ETH instead.

Reactions: 2 users
What is everyone's exit plan? Are you guys holding ETH until it hits 10k? 20k? 50k? What if it never goes higher than 5k?

When ETH 2.0 comes out and my staked ETH gets unlocked, I need to decide to sell or hold. I would feel foolish if it I didn't sell and it crashed, defeating the purpose of locking it up this whole time. I would feel equally foolish if I sold and it went to the moon.

What is everyone's exit plan? Are you guys holding ETH until it hits 10k? 20k? 50k? What if it never goes higher than 5k?

When ETH 2.0 comes out and my staked ETH gets unlocked, I need to decide to sell or hold. I would feel foolish if it I didn't sell and it crashed, defeating the purpose of locking it up this whole time. I would feel equally foolish if I sold and it went to the moon.
I'm holding LRC until it hits $1000. ;) In all seriousness though, it wouldn't be foolish if you sold and it went to the moon if you had already made money on it. If you're green, you're green. Sure it'd be nice to suddenly have retirement money, but as long as you don't sell in the red...

I'm holding longer term (at least 1 to 2 years). If I lose money, I accept the risk.

Median hold time for Eth and bitcoin is only ~70 to 75 days per coinbase.

The timing of when to sell is tough and no one can predict the right answer. Similar to buying individual stocks.

Current plan is to buy the dips for the next 4 years, and exit ~ December 2025.

I'm holding longer term (at least 1 to 2 years). If I lose money, I accept the risk.

Median hold time for Eth and bitcoin is only ~70 to 75 days per coinbase.

The timing of when to sell is tough and no one can predict the right answer. Similar to buying individual stocks.

Hold time tells you a lot about the people who buy it. Speculators.

Current plan is to buy the dips for the next 4 years, and exit ~ December 2025.

why such a specific, short term exit plan? That sort of plan basically requires being lucky on timing of things.

why such a specific, short term exit plan? That sort of plan basically requires being lucky on timing of things.
My plan is based on 10+ years of existing data (BTC), market cycles, trends, etc. Sure there’s some “luck” involved, but I’ve also done quite a bit of research.

And yes, I could be dead wrong… but I’m willing to take that risk, for the potential reward. I guess in 4 years we’ll see if I was right or not?

My plan is based on 10+ years of existing data (BTC), market cycles, trends, etc. Sure there’s some “luck” involved, but I’ve also done quite a bit of research.

And yes, I could be dead wrong… but I’m willing to take that risk, for the potential reward. I guess in 4 years we’ll see if I was right or not?

so if you are down quite a bit 4 years from now you are cashing out and taking your losses?

I just don't get it. If you are a believer, you should hold for the long term. I mean maybe you have some arbitrary cutoff of being up 5x or 10x or whatever that you are going to sell 50% or 75% or whatever. But to just say I'm done on this date win or lose seems like a terrible mindset for an investment.

Also, long term research in crypto does not exist (nor is it even possible). If you think you have done it, you are fooling yourself.

Last edited:
so if you are down quite a bit 4 years from now you are cashing out and taking your losses?

I just don't get it. If you are a believer, you should hold for the long term. I mean maybe you have some arbitrary cutoff of being up 5x or 10x or whatever that you are going to sell 50% or 75% or whatever. But to just say I'm done on this date win or lose seems like a terrible mindset for an investment.
No, I won’t cash out and take a loss… if/when that happens, I will hold indefinitely until I’m back in the green, or until I die, whichever comes first.

So you you have a position, opinion, or advice about anything? Or just curious what I’m doing?

No, I won’t cash out and take a loss… if/when that happens, I will hold indefinitely until I’m back in the green, or until I die, whichever comes first.

So you you have a position, opinion, or advice about anything? Or just curious what I’m doing?

so in other words you are not exactly planning to exit your crypto position in December of 2025

I was just curious about the details of what sounds like a bizarre timing strategy. I view crypto as a fabulously interesting idea, although I view current coins as wildly speculative bets that do not have much inherent margin of safety as an investment. I own some small positions that I follow for fun, although it is probably less than 0.1% of my net worth.

Your posting history jumps from 4 years ago talking about going to pharmacy school to this thread talking about your crypto strategy. I found it interesting.

so in other words you are not exactly planning to exit your crypto position in December of 2025

I was just curious about the details of what sounds like a bizarre timing strategy. I view crypto as a fabulously interesting idea, although I view current coins as wildly speculative bets that do not have much inherent margin of safety as an investment. I own some small positions that I follow for fun, although it is probably less than 0.1% of my net worth.

Your posting history jumps from 4 years ago talking about going to pharmacy school to this thread talking about your crypto strategy. I found it interesting.

*If* things go according to plan, in 4 years I will have made enough return on my investment that I’ll be ready to “cash out”, move those funds to safer/less risky investments, and possibly even retire early.

If things don’t go according to plan (I’m in the red, or the gains are sub-par) - I’ll reevaluate. There’s also the chance that my “plan” comes to fruition sooner (2-3 years) or later (5-7 years) than expected. I’m prepared for any of those scenarios.

And yes, 4 years ago I went to pharmacy school as a non-trad… did one semester and decided it wasn’t for me. I also knew very little about crypto back then and had no interest in investing in it (though I wish I had).

A lot can change in 4 years. My life is a lot different now. Do you find that strange?

Target price would allow for early retirement for me which means working part-time and doing something else the rest of the time. If there’s a fundamental change in the project, obviously I would sell at whatever price point. I’m betting on significant penetration of “traditional finance,” however long that takes. Even a small percentage of penetration would mean significant demand for ETH. If it becomes the “settlement layer” for Web 3.0, well… I’ll probably never willingly step foot in a hospital ever again.

Target price would allow for early retirement for me which means working part-time and doing something else the rest of the time. If there’s a fundamental change in the project, obviously I would sell at whatever price point. I’m betting on significant penetration of “traditional finance,” however long that takes. Even a small percentage of penetration would mean significant demand for ETH. If it becomes the “settlement layer” for Web 3.0, well… I’ll probably never willingly step foot in a hospital ever again.

Cool. What's your target price?

Higher than it is now. Yours?
Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

My life is a lot different now. Do you find that strange?

No, the only thing I found strange was such an oddly specific time given for exiting an financial gamble/quasi-investment. Was trying to understand it, but then you explained that it wasn't really what you meant so that made more sense.

I have always felt that as soon as cryptocurrency becomes anything more than a minor annoyance to central banks, "interesting" things will begin happening (and not in a bullish way). This will occur only after the politically connected have a chance to read between the lines and unwind/exit.

One of the things that creates a floor for an actual company's stock is the inherent value of the enterprise and the fact that at SOME point in a dip the company itself would likely buy back all the shares. Apple won't go to zero or you could buy a controlling interest and be on the board.

BNB had higher returns than BTC and ETH last year, but no one talks about it.

Evergrow is the future. Its going to explode this year. I got over 130k in Evergrow. Hopefully by the end of the year, I will be able to retire and I just graduated from residency 6 months ago.

• Haha
Evergrow is the future. Its going to explode this year. I got over 130k in Evergrow. Hopefully by the end of the year, I will be able to retire and I just graduated from residency 6 months ago.

Why? I have ADACash which is similar but it's been crap lately.