Be careful with board "study materials"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMZ2007

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from my PD that stated, in brief, that the ABP invalidated two recent examinees because they stupidly brought their remembrances into the test center and then left them there after their exam. Yikes!

Members don't see this ad.

Dangit I wondered where I left those

So in all seriousness, did someone actually put their name in them? Ive seen names on old ones but that's after they write them

Last edited:
Just got an email from my PD that stated, in brief, that the ABP invalidated two recent examinees because they stupidly brought their remembrances into the test center and then left them there after their exam. Yikes!

How the hell could the ABP prove that the cheat questions belonged to those particular exam writers? Outside of having fingerprints or a high-resolution security camera catching them in the act, there's really no way this could stand up legally. Is there?

Members don't see this ad :)
How the hell could the ABP prove that the cheat questions belonged to those particular exam writers? Outside of having fingerprints or a high-resolution security camera catching them in the act, there's really no way this could stand up legally. Is there?

Because you are assigned a specific computer/ cubicle for the day. Doubtful story though.

Because you are assigned a specific computer/ cubicle for the day. Doubtful story though.

Nah- I believe it. I took the test this past cycle, and before and between sections I saw people in the lobby studying their rememberances (or other notes that they had bothered to type out). That means they stored their notes in their cubby holes during the sections. Those were not assigned, but if you forgot your rememberances there you probably forgot other things in those cubby-holes- like you wallet or cell phone.

Sucks to be them. If all that happens is that their test is invalidated, then they got off easy.

I wondered what percentage of pathologists haven't used special resources to study for the board.

So I took a very suboptimal poll of pathologists from the following institutions, all of whom said that not only did they use said resources, but felt they may not have passed without them:

1. Beth Israel Deaconess
  2. Brigham
  3. Bostun U.
  4. Case Western
  5. Cleveland Clinic
  6. Emory
  7. MGH
  8. NEOUCOM
  9. Ohio State U.
  10. Stanford
  11. UCLA
  12. UMass
  13. Univ. of Arizona
  14. Univ. of Michigan
WTF ABP.

The fact that pathologists from vastly different backgrounds (age, academic pedigree, academic experience, etc.) have to resort to special resources to pass your BS exam should speak volumes about the irrelevance of a lot of the topics you test on, and the manner in which you test (your syntax for starters- see a prior post on SDN).

Last edited:
I wondered what percentage of pathologists haven't used special resources to study for the board.

So I took a very suboptimal poll of pathologists from the following institutions, all of whom said that not only did they use said resources, but felt they may not have passed without them:

1. Beth Israel Deaconess
  2. Brigham
  3. Bostun U.
  4. Case Western
  5. Cleveland Clinic
  6. Emory
  7. MGH
  8. NEOUCOM
  9. Ohio State U.
  10. Stanford
  11. UCLA
  12. UMass
  13. Univ. of Arizona
  14. Univ. of Michigan
WTF ABP.

The fact that pathologists from vastly different backgrounds (age, academic pedigree, academic experience, etc.) have to resort to special resources to pass your BS exam should speak volumes about the irrelevance of a lot of the topics you test on, and the manner in which you test (your syntax for starters- see a prior post on SDN).

I'm not sure those resources came in as handy this year--from the people I talked to--compared with how important they were previously stressed.