Be very very very careful with american airlines!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrAvicii

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys I dunno if this is the policy of all airlines but AA really had me fuming, they had a low price, then jacked it up (just as I bought it) and then lowered it back down the next day. I called them and barely got a voucher for the difference (this was after speaking with more than 3 people) they were nice, but told me that this is 1 time courtesy. Basically try to look elsewhere for flights, I dont think JetBlue would give me such a hard time. I mean it sounds to me like they're rigging the system and manipulating prices (they said it wasnt their fault, but I dont know who to believe.)

PS the price different was 1.5 times as much. So just be careful when you see prices spike, they might come back down.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys I dunno if this is the policy of all airlines but AA really had me fuming, they had a low price, then jacked it up (just as I bought it) and then lowered it back down the next day. I called them and barely got a voucher for the difference (this was after speaking with more than 3 people) they were nice, but told me that this is 1 time courtesy. Basically try to look elsewhere for flights, I dont think JetBlue would give me such a hard time. I mean it sounds to me like they're rigging the system and manipulating prices (they said it wasnt their fault, but I dont know who to believe.)

PS the price different was 1.5 times as much. So just be careful when you see prices spike, they might come back down.

Also, be careful with Delta airlines. Make sure your plans are definite before buying tickets, you can't reschedule your flight or get a refund without getting charged $150 fee..