Very first interview - Essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysonddshopeful

Reaction score
I have my very first interview coming up next week. It will be in person and one of the activities in the schedule is in the form of an essay. Is anyone familiar with this and can you share how I should prepare for this?

Any other tips on interview will be greatly appreciated as I'm nervous and scared that I'll be hit with unexprected questions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Unsure about the essay, but for unexpected questions it just happens. I’ll say know your application very well, be able to answer “why dentistry, tell me about yourself, why our school” and you should be just fine.

Maybe have a couple scenarios of when you worked in groups, when you failed at something, and when you had to deal with difficult people as a few things in case they ask you a question about that. But otherwise use SDNs interview pages to get a general idea of questions that have been asked. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I have my very first interview coming up next week. It will be in person and one of the activities in the schedule is in the form of an essay. Is anyone familiar with this and can you share how I should prepare for this?

Any other tips on interview will be greatly appreciated as I'm nervous and scared that I'll be hit with unexprected questions.

Thanks!
Yes, I have done this. The essay is on-site. The prompt can be on anything, and you may have an NDA to not share it to advantage others who come after you. It can be simple. It can be hard.

Make sure you write legibly. It's like the old SAT writing assessments or the timed AP exam essays. We just want to compare your writing against your submitted essays if there is a question about your true communication skills.

I couldn't tell you about the "pin test" which some schools do for assessing hand/motor skills.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!
relax and be yourself...

• Love
Can i ask Which school is this?
I would be shocked if it were LMU.

3 PAGE writing sample in their supplemental app?!