Beating a dead horse.....CRNAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbiddy808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding CRNAs practicing independantly of MDs......

I was reading through all the threads about CRNAs and the recent laws that have passed. I would think that this will be limited in the future by liability. I'd expect trial lawyers to jump all over this.

Anesthesia goes wrong at times. Imagine the 18 year-old woman getting an out-patient plastic surgery proceedure who has a bad reaction and dies while under the care of a CRNA. I'd think it would look really bad in court and that the media would jump on it. Or if a hospital had a similar event with no MDA there. Liability!

Any ideas...........

Members don't see this ad.

That may or may not play apart in it....

What really matters as always is the political factor.

AMA, ASA, Local PAC is ultimately what will determine how, where, and how much we practice.

Like I said everyone needs to make a financial pledge and stick to it.

Me personally, I am starting off with a $100/yr, and double every year after that.

InGasWeTrust said:
That may or may not play apart in it....

What really matters as always is the political factor.

AMA, ASA, Local PAC is ultimately what will determine how, where, and how much we practice.

Like I said everyone needs to make a financial pledge and stick to it.

Me personally, I am starting off with a $100/yr, and double every year after that.
Your PAC is going to be very fond of you in about a decade. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
InGasWeTrust said:

Year 1 = $100
Year 2 = $200
Year 3 = $400
Year 4 = $800

Year 10 = $51,200

Year 15 = $1,638,400

Year 20 = $52,428,800

Umm... (ahem)... nevermind.

I think we knew what you meant. ;)

-Skip

*Note to self: Remember when posting on SDN there are people with more intellect than common sense.

And for the record I only plan to practice for 10yrs