Quantcast

becoming a doctor

chewybean

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, I want to become an er doctor. Currently I am finishing up my last year of highschool and I am 18. I have no applied to any colleges yet. My grades are ok. I have mostly As and Bs, but I have 1 D in algebra and maybe 3 Cs. Do I even have a chance, and also what are the steps I should follow?
Thanks so so much.

frosted_flake

waaahmbulance attendant
Reaction score
Get into college before worrying about medical school! College is a clean slate. Figure out how to improve your study habits and get a great GPA, because it only gets more difficult from here.
Also, choose a major you enjoy, not one you 'think' ADCOMS will like. Also, what makes you want to pursue medicine?

You can do almost anything you set your mind to. Good luck!

Just an FYI, this will probably get moved to hSDN, as you are still in high school :)

Reactions: 1 user

bwc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once you graduate from high school, nothing you did in high school or before matters. However, looking at your grades, you should definitely step it up before you start college. In college, your classmates will be people who performed similarly to you with regards to your high school GPA and the SAT/ACT.

If you haven't applied to any colleges yet, be extremely careful about deadlines. If you put this off and end up not being able to enroll anywhere in the fall, sitting around doing nothing for a year is not going to reflect positively on you. I highly recommend just applying somewhere in state where your stats look like they can get you in. Knowing that you have at least one acceptance in your hand right now will put you in a better position.