Becoming a Pharmacy "Player"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought I would put a catchy title. But my issue is that I am getting ready to interview with multiple companies. The GA market right now kind of sucks so I'm also marketing myself to be more open to other states.

1. Is it ok to interview with multiple companies for job offers? Keep in mind many companies have multiple interviews and a big hiring process before getting the job offer. Imagine how they would feel when you were only full of talk or waiting on another company's descision.

2. If you get the job offer, how long do you have to accept it (from your experience)?

3. My issue is I've got offered interviews from a few different places and I'm confident they will take me, but there is only one company that I would like to work for, but they may or may not have something open for me when I graduate. How do I play it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
1 & 2: I agree with SpirivaSunrise.

3. Has the company you really want to work for even offered you an interview? If they haven't, put them out of your mind and focus on doing your best at the interviews you do have. Maybe after you go to these other companies and meet the people there your opinion of them will improve. If one of them offers you a job, take it! And if you work there a year and still really want to work for _____, having more experience will make you a better candidate.

What does your common sense say about this situation??

Sorry I thought I would put a catchy title. But my issue is that I am getting ready to interview with multiple companies. The GA market right now kind of sucks so I'm also marketing myself to be more open to other states.

1. Is it ok to interview with multiple companies for job offers? Keep in mind many companies have multiple interviews and a big hiring process before getting the job offer. Imagine how they would feel when you were only full of talk or waiting on another company's descision.

2. If you get the job offer, how long do you have to accept it (from your experience)?

3. My issue is I've got offered interviews from a few different places and I'm confident they will take me, but there is only one company that I would like to work for, but they may or may not have something open for me when I graduate. How do I play it?

And for the OP, take the job. Then if you find something else, go with that. You owe them nothing.

If not, you could wind up like me. I'm waiting for someone to get a corporate budget back to see if they have enough money so they can hire me or not. (And goodness do I hope they can get the cash to hire me...it is in a city I love...and with great hours...) And if that doesn't pan out - its off to South Texas. (Whimper.) So unless you want to live with the scorpions and in a drug warzone...

And for the OP, take the job. Then if you find something else, go with that. You owe them nothing.

If not, you could wind up like me. I'm waiting for someone to get a corporate budget back to see if they have enough money so they can hire me or not. (And goodness do I hope they can get the cash to hire me...it is in a city I love...and with great hours...) And if that doesn't pan out - its off to South Texas. (Whimper.) So unless you want to live with the scorpions and in a drug warzone...

I am highly disappointed. I thought this thread would be about picking up chicks

I only clicked on here to read about picking up hotties too. Big Dissapointment!