Becoming a Pharmacy tech/aide a good idea for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foxhounds_Eric

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated highschool and am entering a pre pharmacy program in the fall. Would it be a good idea to become a tech or aide? I have been reading these forums for a few weeks now and all of you seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

That is what i did. I volunteered at hospital pharmacy that turned into a tech position. I had a lot to talk about in my school interview and was accepted to SIUE and Midwester CCP. I believe this helped me a great deal and would recommend it to anyone

Foxhounds_Eric said:
I recently graduated highschool and am entering a pre pharmacy program in the fall. Would it be a good idea to become a tech or aide? I have been reading these forums for a few weeks now and all of you seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks in advance.

Foxhounds_Eric said:

Most definitely.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) It'll help you know for sure if pharmacy is the right field for you.
2) Will help on a pharmacy school application (but still, keep that GPA up!)
3) You'll get a head start on learning how things are run in a pharmacy.