Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I entered university as a premedical student. Eventually I moved away from that idea as I enjoyed the classes I took in the Eco/Evo department at my school more, so I decided to pursue a degree in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. I thought I wanted to go to graduate school, but after working in a lab and gaining some exposure to what graduate school is actually like, I think I want to return to being a premedical student. I volunteered at a free clinic throughout high school and really enjoyed it. I felt like I was helping people -- I don't feel that way while doing research.
In any case, I am entering my senior year, and my requirements for my degree are nearly all finished, so I have finished nearly all of the premedical requirements:
2 semesters of bio
1 semester of english
Gen chem
Orgo I
Biochem
Calculus
Statistics
Both my cGPA and sGPA are around a 3.67 (should hopefully be >3.7 by the time I graduate), and I attend an ivy.
I am missing the physics sequence (which I will be taking next year), one semester of english, and Orgo 2.
I am not sure I will be able to fit Orgo 2 into my schedule. I am writing a thesis and taking the physics sequence -- I am not good at chemistry and have not taken physics before. Would it be possible for me to take Orgo 2 after I graduate?
Also, how realistic is medical school for me? Any guidance about what to do with my senior year to better prepare me would be greatly appreciated.
I entered university as a premedical student. Eventually I moved away from that idea as I enjoyed the classes I took in the Eco/Evo department at my school more, so I decided to pursue a degree in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. I thought I wanted to go to graduate school, but after working in a lab and gaining some exposure to what graduate school is actually like, I think I want to return to being a premedical student. I volunteered at a free clinic throughout high school and really enjoyed it. I felt like I was helping people -- I don't feel that way while doing research.
In any case, I am entering my senior year, and my requirements for my degree are nearly all finished, so I have finished nearly all of the premedical requirements:
2 semesters of bio
1 semester of english
Gen chem
Orgo I
Biochem
Calculus
Statistics
Both my cGPA and sGPA are around a 3.67 (should hopefully be >3.7 by the time I graduate), and I attend an ivy.
I am missing the physics sequence (which I will be taking next year), one semester of english, and Orgo 2.
I am not sure I will be able to fit Orgo 2 into my schedule. I am writing a thesis and taking the physics sequence -- I am not good at chemistry and have not taken physics before. Would it be possible for me to take Orgo 2 after I graduate?
Also, how realistic is medical school for me? Any guidance about what to do with my senior year to better prepare me would be greatly appreciated.