Before each Practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ManOfDiligence

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in need of some advice. What do you usually do before each practice test you take? (I'm talking the day before). Do you just look at formulas (for physics) and perhaps reactions for OChem? Do you go through notes on each subject thoroughly?

I'd like to know if it's worth it to go over all notes before each full length, as it takes quite a bit of time. What's the best way to be in tip top shape before each FL? I'm about 70% done with content review and have been doing passages daily. I'm working my way through all of TPRH Science Workbook passages.

The Practice tests seem so conceptual that it almost feels like taking 6-8 hours to go over all my notes/flashcards/etc the day before is not all that beneficial. I'm not complaining, i'm ready to put in work in order to perform well. I'm just trying to make sure that i'm approaching practice tests the correct way.

My last AAMC exam was a 27 (10/9/8). My test is 4/24 and my goal is 28+

Any advice for me? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't do content review again after the first content review-->IMO it's a giant waste of time....I would do more passages and review carefully (not just reading the solutions but to compare your thought process with solutions for correct ones and give yourself another chance to solve correctly for the wrong questions). BY doing passages and reviewing, you not only do content review, you also employ critical thinking skills which you don't use by just passively reading content.....I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't review formulas and stuff but saying that you do them for 2 hours? not a whole day....hope it helped

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, I'm a huge advocate of going over notes multiple times IN ADDITION to doing a bunch of practice passages. It really depends on where your weak points are; if you tend to forget formulas or facts, definitely take time to review notes. However, the best way is to skim over notes and work through practice passages of the given topic you were studying. Not only are you refreshing content in your head, but you are now APPLYING that knowledge. This is the best way to get those concepts and formulas drilled into your head! Good luck, friend!

edit:
But I am only saying this because you have a lot of time left to review and prepare.