Before you get your dds......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Really, you can't take a joke? Once you start practicing, all of these points will be somewhat true!

Really, you can't take a joke? Once you start practicing, all of these points will be somewhat true!

i've already heard all the stereotypes plus I've seen the Hangover. :D

this forum is intended for useful info. just saying.

hilarious! gives a nice perspective, can't wait to experience this myself

I imagine most of these are true. Every job has its headaches though, that's why they're called a job. If we learn to accept the little annoyances and appreciate the much bigger picture - satisfaction from improving lives - it will be an immensely rewarding profession.

Did anyone else get tripped by the white dots going down the top of the screen haha

Did anyone else get tripped by the white dots going down the top of the screen haha
dude.. i didn't even notice that! you can even direct its movement... whooa trippy

Hello all,

This is my reply to the blog. There are unhappy people in every profession and don't let that scare you. I LOVE my profession and that is why I am a mentor here on SDN. Look at my success as an example and you will be more than glad you are in this field! Congratulations to all who got acceptance and best of luck to everyone else still waiting! DP

Greetings to all and Happy Holidays,

I feel bad for the OP who leaves this wonderful profession as there are thousands of applicants failed to gain dental school admission each year with shattered hopes.

In every field in all walks of life, there are “bad” patients, clients, costumers and the worst thing a person can do is to let this small group of people ruined his/her career. In the majority of the case, these behaviors unfortunately are through ignorance, naive or bad dental experience in the past that somehow became a learned perception and that leads to unhealthy behavior. And this behavior can be changed by the provider willing to take the time to undo this learned process. Taking the effort to advise, inform the patient and not letting your emotion to get the best you, you WILL disrupt the unhealthy destructive thinking and replace it with an informed and healthy one. All the things you had said in the article I have experienced firsthand myself and with very rare exception, I was able to convert from highly misinformed to wonderful and pleasant patients. My motto is “An informed patient is a good patient”. If that person understands why certain procedures are recommended and why such fee is associated with that particular procedure, then he/she likely will not question your assessment. A long time ago when I had my faculty practice, I was once asked on why mine is almost doubling her general dentist’s fee? I sat down at length and discussed on the reasons for her referral and once she understands on how my expertise can give her the best chance of success, she no longer questioned any cost associated with my proposed treatment plan. I did not go into details of my student loans or my overhead cost because these things are irrelevant in patient care. The only thing that matters is what you can do for your patients. And this is where our focus should be as a health care provider. What important in this particular case is what I can do for her and the rest is history.
After amassed huge school student loan and had spent 16 years from my first day in college, I often in the past asked myself if I made the right choice of being the dentist. I must say absolutely that it was the best decision of my life and to let others know the wonderful blessing that I have now, I became an avid mentor for students seeking career in dentistry. You can read more about me on the link below and I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

http://studentdoctor.net/2007/08/an...inh-phan-dds-ms-maxillofacial-prosthodontics/

I ask the OP to reconsider her departure from dentistry as her skill is too valuable to let it go to waste. If I can be of any help to anyone, please feel free to let me know. Happy Holidays everyone! DP