Behavioral Health vs Addiction Medicine vs Primary Care Psychiatry Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1078679

Hi all. I am currently an IMG PGY-1 in FM residency,stats: old grad: YOG 2016, now completed all 3 step exams, got my step 3 score AFTER matching. Matched into FM on first try in a major city. I applied to both Psych & FM. I ranked Psych first, FM second.

Interested to either 1. transfer to psychiatry in PGY-2 OR 2. Do a fellowship in the above.

1. Does anyone know how long each fellowship is and what would be the scope of my practice after doing each?

2. I have never heard of Primary Care Psychiatry Fellowship until now. Is that the same as Behavioral Health Fellowship?

3. Will I still be paid same as a PCP even AFTER doing behavioral health fellowship with a bandwidth to treat more complex psychiatric issues or will I be able to market myself similarly to a PCP?

4. Ideally I'd like to be outpatient & see only psych patients long term.

Even though my training in USA in FM will entail OBS,newborn/pedi and adult medicine.

I like FM, i just love/enjoy psych more. I am on my psych rotation CSU And outpatient currently and have experience working in both psych & primary care in home country. I'd like to do something I find fulfilling, long term for rest of my life.

Thank you! Please just want some guidance. Not bashing anyone or any speciality.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.