behavioral science courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phungus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so one year of behavioral science courses is required. do these courses have to be upper divs? besides contacting the DO schools, is there any other way of finding out which courses are acceptable? thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks! i couldnt find a list of classes but they did post which schools require behavioral science courses. i sent aacom an email and hopefully i'll get an answer soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Social/Behavioral Science -- Subject Code of H
Anthropology
Community Health
Criminal Justice
Educational Psychology
Ethnic Studies
Human Sexuality
Marriage/Family
Personal Health
Physiological Ethics
Psychology
Social Science
Social Work/Sociology

there might be more accepted but I found this information here:
http://www.aacom.org./home-applicants/app/2007_AACOMAS_Instructions.pdf
page 8

Glad I was a psych minor.. I didn't even know you needed behavioral science for med school. Maybe it's good then that I have like a 3.6 in my minor :) Goes to show that lib arts classes...even science-based ones are cake compared to the premed curriculum here at PSU. There was a recent article about grade inflation at PSU and the only college that wasn't included in that assessment as having lots of inflation was the Eb. College of Science... not fair!

yea, I'm a psych. major so I am covered like 5 times over on that one.

AAhopeful

hey thanks for that link :thumbup:

actually only some of the DO schools require behavioral sciences. jeez i havent started applying yet and its already stressful :laugh:

drmax

nice to know you had time to minor while going pre-med. i really want to minor in history of science and medicine. some of those classes overlap with my major, GEs, and are behavioral sci classes.

thanks again for the help everyone!

from what I have seen the stress is just beginning. I'm looking at my MCAT book right now thinking, I should be studying!