Behavioral Sciences Requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

Assembler

I was looking at the requirements for some D.O. schools today, and I really didn't know that some of them require six semester units of behavioral science. I really want to apply to Western U/COMP too, since I'm in California, but it also asks for this.

What exactly falls under the category of Behavioral Sciences?
I don't have many non-science classes, other than English, and a few of these:

History of Medicine
History of the Mexican American in the U.S. I (1800's)
History: Introduction to Western Civilizations I
Humanities: People in Contemporary Society I
Soc 1: Introduction to Sociology

I was thinking the latter two might be able to pass for the behavioral sciences requirement. Also, the humanities class had something to do with "A continuing study of world cultural and social development from the Renaissance to the present day." For some reason, the second and third history classes also count for the "Behavioral and Social Sciences" requirement for the IGETC in CA, but I'm not sure if it would also have the same effect for med school apps.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Sociology counts as a behavioral science. I think I would call the school and ask them if they will accept those to satsify their requirement. IN fact you could email those classes and a short description about the courses and ask them if they will count. That is the only way to make sure you are covered.