TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
I just recently dropped a class my second semester of senior year to drop to 10 points. Here at school, 12 points = full-time student so now I'm officially a part-time student. I'm already into med school, but I was just wondering if there would be any negative side-effects in terms of the school. In other words, are they going to get mad at me? I don't really think so, but if anyone knows any different, I'd love to know. Thanks guys.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
trying to get some sleep
Status (Visible)
whoa you are in big trouble mister!

no, actually i have no idea. but just as long as you have the credits to graduate, who cares?
i always had to stay with full time status to be able to live in the dorms...

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
Yea, i have enough credits to graduate and the class fills no requirement. As for the dorms, seniors here get an exemption from that rule :)

About the Ads

sh2021

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
NY
Status (Visible)
i would take a look at the acceptance materials that they sent you. i know that sometimes the schools make certain stipulations in the letter like, you must finish your courses with a grade of C or better etc. See if it says anything about part time etc. I wouldn't think so.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you're really concerned, CALL THEM! There's no harm in asking. I really doubt they would care though. If you could handle a full-time schedule up until now, there's no reason to think you couldn't now.

japhy

Ski Bum
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 1999
Alta, Ut
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It should not be a problem, but I would call the school to verify. I only took 9 credits my final semester and my med school (that I would be heading to in the fall) didn't say anything. I am glad that I did too. I only had classes on T/H so I had 4 day weekends! sure beats craming all of the hard classes into your final semester so you can graduate.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
shouldnt be a problem.

you have completed your requirements.

some schools allow last semester seniors to go under the minimum without any repurcussions.

but call. its just a 2 minute call.

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by facted
Yea, i have enough credits to graduate and the class fills no requirement. As for the dorms, seniors here get an exemption from that rule :)

If you have enough credits to graduate, I can't see why it is a problem. There are plenty of us who have long graduated and are doing all kinds of things with our time.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.