Being a part-time student a problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just recently dropped a class my second semester of senior year to drop to 10 points. Here at school, 12 points = full-time student so now I'm officially a part-time student. I'm already into med school, but I was just wondering if there would be any negative side-effects in terms of the school. In other words, are they going to get mad at me? I don't really think so, but if anyone knows any different, I'd love to know. Thanks guys.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whoa you are in big trouble mister!

no, actually i have no idea. but just as long as you have the credits to graduate, who cares?
i always had to stay with full time status to be able to live in the dorms...

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yea, i have enough credits to graduate and the class fills no requirement. As for the dorms, seniors here get an exemption from that rule :)

sh2021

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would take a look at the acceptance materials that they sent you. i know that sometimes the schools make certain stipulations in the letter like, you must finish your courses with a grade of C or better etc. See if it says anything about part time etc. I wouldn't think so.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're really concerned, CALL THEM! There's no harm in asking. I really doubt they would care though. If you could handle a full-time schedule up until now, there's no reason to think you couldn't now.

japhy

Ski Bum
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It should not be a problem, but I would call the school to verify. I only took 9 credits my final semester and my med school (that I would be heading to in the fall) didn't say anything. I am glad that I did too. I only had classes on T/H so I had 4 day weekends! sure beats craming all of the hard classes into your final semester so you can graduate.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
shouldnt be a problem.

you have completed your requirements.

some schools allow last semester seniors to go under the minimum without any repurcussions.

but call. its just a 2 minute call.

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by facted
Yea, i have enough credits to graduate and the class fills no requirement. As for the dorms, seniors here get an exemption from that rule :)

If you have enough credits to graduate, I can't see why it is a problem. There are plenty of us who have long graduated and are doing all kinds of things with our time.