Full time or part time student senior year

Started by ris11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ris11

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to medical school between my junior and senior year and some of my secondaries have asked my plans for the next academic year. I only need to take 6 classes + PE to fulfill graduation requirements, so I thought I would just split it half for each semester, making me part time for both semesters.

Should I take extra classes to fulfill the minimum requirement to be a full time student or does it not matter for med schools?
 
I am applying to medical school between my junior and senior year and some of my secondaries have asked my plans for the next academic year. I only need to take 6 classes + PE to fulfill graduation requirements, so I thought I would just split it half for each semester, making me part time for both semesters.

Should I take extra classes to fulfill the minimum requirement to be a full time student or does it not matter for med schools?
The first question I have is how it affects your financial aid or eligibility for things like residence/housing if you are an on-campus student. Otherwise, it doesn't matter that much to medical schools as long as you are on track to finish before the orientation period for their programs and you have the money to place a deposit.