Belmont OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellowbee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :) Has anyone heard from Belmont? I called last week and they said they were still reviewing applications for interviews and I will hear from them soon. The interview date for early decision is on Jan 27 and I'm starting to worry..

And can anyone give more info about this school? I can't find a lot of info about this program on forums. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

They continue interviews all spring. At least they did last year. I received an interview last year for May but did not accept. Based on the email I received last year,. the schedule includes a personal interview, School of OT preview, and a brief onsite essay.
They were really helpful in answering any questions I had by email or phone

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone for your help and clarification! I'm crossing my fingers i'll hear from them soon. My application was complete (OTCAS verified and transcripts/GRE scores sent to the school) beginning of December in time for early decision interview date.

Do you know if Belmont interviews everyone who applies? How competitive is the program?

I did not reapply to Belmont. I decided the cost was too steep. From what I read last year on these boards nearly everyone receives an interview. I could be wrong.

I received an interview invitation in late December (applied at the end of October) and called them last Friday to check on the status. The woman I talked to was very friendly but just vaguely said they're still working out the schedule so it sounds to me like they don't have all the spots filled yet. She did say to plan on being there from about 8:30-12:30.

Just wanted to see if you ever got invited in time. I completed my interview today so I just wanted to update you. If you didn't get a chance to interview, it really isn't a big deal. We found out that they don't accept all "good" early admission applicants. They pick a very very tiny number of them & defer the rest to be considered with regular admission. I'll update when I hear back & I hope other interviewees do too. :)

Thanks for the update! :) I didn't get an interview, but now I know they only select a few for early decision. I guess I'll have to wait until regular admission time roles around. How was your interview? I hope it went well! :) What was the interview process like? How many candidates were there?

Good luck to everyone who was at the interview!

This is a pretty good summary of the day except there were really only about 40 people there. Theyre supposed to make their first decisions by mid Feb so I'm sure you'll get an interview invitation in the next few weeks if you're a qualified applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything back yet?
Yes, I received an e-mail today. I am deferred until the regular admissions. I hope this is not a death sentence for admissions to the school. Have you heard back yet? I would assume you have since you posted this about the time I received my e-mail.

I received my acceptance e-mail yesterday.

2bOT:
Can I ask what your stats are? I am just curious as to how I stack up. Also, did you feel that your interview and essay portion of the interview day went well? I'm worried my interview hurt me because I was really nervous and not really saying the best things I could have.

Thanks! I'm pretty shocked and so excited! Belmont is definitely one of my top picks, but I'm waiting to hear back from 4 other schools and weigh out the cost with my other priorities and options. Here are my stats:

University: Ohio State University
Major: Health Sciences, Minor: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.52
Last 60 GPA: 3.76
Pre-req GPA: 3.73
GRE: 540 V, 550 Q, 4.0 AW
Volunteer/Observation: 40 hours inpatient acute care, 28 hours outpatient pediatric, ~50 hours non-OT volunteering in various areas of Ohio State University Medical Center, volunteer at a non-profit animal shelter
Extra-curriculars: intramural water polo captain, note-taker for OSU's office of student disability services, research assistant to one of my professors

Good luck! Hope you hear good news soon!

Thanks! I'm pretty shocked and so excited! Belmont is definitely one of my top picks, but I'm waiting to hear back from 4 other schools and weigh out the cost with my other priorities and options. Here are my stats:

University: Ohio State University
Major: Health Sciences, Minor: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.52
Last 60 GPA: 3.76
Pre-req GPA: 3.73
GRE: 540 V, 550 Q, 4.0 AW
Volunteer/Observation: 40 hours inpatient acute care, 28 hours outpatient pediatric, ~50 hours non-OT volunteering in various areas of Ohio State University Medical Center, volunteer at a non-profit animal shelter
Extra-curriculars: intramural water polo captain, note-taker for OSU's office of student disability services, research assistant to one of my professors

Good luck! Hope you hear good news soon!
Thanks for replying! What other schools did you apply to?

Last edited:
2bOT:
Can I ask what your stats are? I am just curious as to how I stack up. Also, did you feel that your interview and essay portion of the interview day went well? I'm worried my interview hurt me because I was really nervous and not really saying the best things I could have.

I think my essay was probably average (I'm not that spectacular at on-the-spot writing, hence my 4.0 AW) but I felt that my interview went well. Don't worry too much about yours, if interviews were make-or-break they would have told us immediately after of their decisions. My roommate just got in to PT school and was notified of her acceptance just 3 days after her interview! The interviewers and admissions committee know that it's a nerve-racking situation, I'm sure they expect candidates to display a bit of nervousness and I wouldn't think it would hurt you too much. Best of luck!

Thanks for posting! That makes me feel better about my chances for deferred acceptance because my interview and essay went well but I am missing classes they require.

My stats are:
Cumulative GPA: 3.61
Last 60 GPA: 4.0
Pre-req GPA: 4.0 (with missing classes)
GRE: 1300, 5.0 AW

Yeah, that's probably what they're waiting on! I think my stats are good, but obviously others like yourself have better. I think their average GPA of accepted students last year was about a 3.5, so it looks like they take every factor of the application into account, not just numbers. Good luck!

Thanks for replying! What other schools did you apply to?

I was accepted to Winston-Salem State U, wait-listed at Toledo, and waiting on MUSC, East Carolina, Cleveland State, and Ohio State. I also applied to Temple and am scheduled for an interview but I think I'm going to pull my application since I've been accepted to Belmont.

Please post it on here if anyone one hears of the acceptances/deferrals/rejections of any of the other applicants. I didn't think to get any phone numbers so I have no way of finding out. I've been reading online about deferrals from schools and I am definitely freaking out! And congrats to those accepted!

I was also deferred to the next pool of applicants... :( I was pretty bummed because I felt like my interview went very well. Does anyone have any idea how many have already been accepted? Have any rejection letters been sent out or did everyone who didn't make the cut get deferred? Any info would be appreciated, feeling pretty discouraged because I really love Belmont's program...

I was also deferred to the next pool of applicants... :( I was pretty bummed because I felt like my interview went very well. Does anyone have any idea how many have already been accepted? Have any rejection letters been sent out or did everyone who didn't make the cut get deferred? Any info would be appreciated, feeling pretty discouraged because I really love Belmont's program...

Just to update you, they gave me until March 15 to decide. If I remember correctly is also the regular admissions deadline, so hang in there! I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you! Wish I could give you more info, if I hear any other stats about how many they accepted I'll definitely keep you posted!

Have any of the deferred or regular admission applicants heard back about admissions yet?

Just received a letter in the mail the other day. Waitlisted. I assume everyone else will be hearing soon. I'm almost relieved that I don't have the decision to make now. I love the school and program but I just don't think I could ever afford it! The program I'll be attending will be expensive enough. Congrats to everyone who is accepted though- such a beautiful school!

Just received a letter too, waitlisted as well. Loved their program, still hoping for the best. Anyone know about people getting pulled off the wait list?

So I'm on the waitlist and still haven't hear anything... anyone else heard anything yet?

Are there any current Belmont student on here that can answer and questions about the program?

I was at the early admissions interview on 11/14/14 and waiting to hear from them but I have a lot of questions to compare to other programs.

Are there any current Belmont student on here that can answer and questions about the program?

I was at the early admissions interview on 11/14/14 and waiting to hear from them but I have a lot of questions to compare to other programs.

Hi there,

I notice you posted this quite awhile back but if you still have any questions please feel free to ask. I am currently enrolled in Belmont's OTD program and absolutely love it so far.

Hi there,

I notice you posted this quite awhile back but if you still have any questions please feel free to ask. I am currently enrolled in Belmont's OTD program and absolutely love it so far.
Hello! I know this was posted a while ago, but do you remember the format of the Belmont interview? Or any tips? It is always a little nerve racking to see a 4/5 hour time and not know how much of that is interview, tour, etc! Also, how are you liking the program so far!