Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurerx212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Belmont University? If so, have you heard anything back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

are you a tennesse resident?

Yes, they just sent me notification that my application was complete, i am going to call them tomorrow. but they just have a voicemail system.

I am applying here...but im not from the area...what should I expect of Nashville??

Members don't see this ad :)
Nashville is nce. Its rather country as it is the home of country music. But overall its nice...its a medium sized city with lots of things to do. There are a lot of colleges around the area so it has a nice young mix.

Thanks for bringing Belmont University School of Pharmacy to SDN. Yesterday's post was the first mention of us on this community's discussion board.

As a new pharmacy program, we know that there are many questions that you want to ask so that you can learn more about us and our program.

We believe that we've got a wonderful PharmD program to offer starting August 2008. To learn more about us, I suggest taking a look at our website at: www.belmont.edu/pharmacy (There's a site update coming tomorrow, BTW. Slight changes to basic information & other updates. Check it out.)

You can also request materials by email at [email protected]

We look forward to working with you as you make your pharmacy education choices.

Eric Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Belmont University School of Pharmacy

What is the cost of living in Nashville...how much are apartments etc??

and why are there 2 new pharmacy schools opening there for fall 2008...isn't that overkill????

Has anybody been asked to interview yet???

hey, the cost of living in nashville is pretty reasonable...its not like new york or miami or la or anything.

i havent heard anything from them regarding interviews or anything but i called last week and was told that they were going to be reviewing apps in a week or so. the asst. dean told me that they would not be doing any acceptances until january. im not sure if they will be conducting interviews before then. i will keep you guys posted.

University of Florida ... 0 crime rate ... good school for asians.

Apply here. They are a PharmCas school. Tuition is only $8,000 in state / year.

they are not interviewing until Jan.

futurerx212 have you heard from them yet?
no i havent heard from them. i called last week to inquire on their status and they couldnt tell me much. they said that they will be making contacts in january after their site visit. keep me posted on your status please.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called to check the status of my application and they got everything...but I was told that they would not begin to interview until the "end of January"...im trying to wait patiently but I really, really, really want to go here so its hard!!!

Thanks for your patience and your enthusiasm about Belmont U SOP.

I know that it's really hard to wait for interviews when other schools are well into their interviewing, and are making enrollment decisions.

We are about two weeks away from hosting our first on-campus interview day. We will invite between 40-50 candidates in from our applicant pool to spend the better part of a day with us so that we can all learn about each other. We will be hosting interview days every two weeks throughout the end of Jan, Feb, Mar., April.

Offers will be made soon after each round of interviews.

Our application deadline is later than many other schools: March 31. Thus, we must start our interview slightly later than most other schools.

Feel free to contact us directly for more information if you feel the need to reduce your anxiety a bit through direct contact.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2008 (with a start to pharmacy school, too),

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont U School of Pharmacy

When will the first group of student be notified about interviews in January?

For those of you who are applying to Belmont, this is a list of possible question that will be asked since there are no feedbacks for them, since it is a new school. I have connections to the dean of the college of pharmacy there, but I will not be applying. These are questions he said he likes to ask, thought you might want to see.
How did you become interested in pharmacy?
Are there pharmacists or other health care professionals in the family?
What do you intend to do with the degree?
What would you do if you did not get in?
Tell me about a time when you took the lead in a situation.
Tell me what you do for fun.
Tell me what you would do if you experienced someone cheating in class.
Please dont ask me to put in a good word for you I dont know him that well.

Thanks for the info...what are your thoughts about the school even though you arent applying there?? Pro's...cons?? Any info would be great!!

Thanks again!

For those of you who are applying to Belmont, this is a list of possible question that will be asked since there are no feedbacks for them, since it is a new school. I have connections to the dean of the college of pharmacy there, but I will not be applying. These are questions he said he likes to ask, thought you might want to see.
How did you become interested in pharmacy?
Are there pharmacists or other health care professionals in the family?
What do you intend to do with the degree?
What would you do if you did not get in?
Tell me about a time when you took the lead in a situation.
Tell me what you do for fun.
Tell me what you would do if you experienced someone cheating in class.
Please dont ask me to put in a good word for you I dont know him that well.

I know you are trying to help, but i dont think that we are supposed to share what the exact questions would be in the interview. I also know that an administrator for belmont is commonly on here too. So why would you put this information out there?

I know you are trying to help, but i dont think that we are supposed to share what the exact questions would be in the interview. I also know that an administrator for belmont is commonly on here too. So why would you put this information out there?

This is not the exact questions by no means. and yes I see that an administator posts on here also. These are ideas for the types of questions they might ask. And I dont think you are going to be interviewed by the dean.
So sorry for helping everyone who has no clue as to what to expect in the interview fo Belmont.
I really dont think that these would be the hardest questions they could ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Belmont applicants:

I'm pleased to post that the first 50 interview invitations for Belmont USOP went out in yesterday's mail, inviting applicants (from among the pool of applicants with completed application packets) to come to campus to interview and learn more about us on Friday, January 25 (10am-2pm, lunch included).

Interviews will occur on a 2-per-month basis through the end of April.

Applications are accepted until March 31.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

I hope I get an interview here too! :) Belmont's one of my top 3 choices.

Anyone know if we can send a personal statement with the application? My grades aren't that good and I want to give an explanation for them.

I am really impressed that the school itself is taking the time to respond to these posts. I only recently heard about the school and cannot apply myself due to a missing literature pre-req. However, it is a great sign that they care about the student and how anxiety inducing this process can be, especially considering the way some schools treat applicants! This is a great sign of a program that considers the student to be the highest priority.

Best of luck to all of you...and the program!

Anyone know if we can send a personal statement with the application? My grades aren't that good and I want to give an explanation for them.

Well, if anyone's wondering, you can send a personal statement with your application. :) I have to say, the people on the phone for the pharmacy admissions are so nice. :)

Did anyone get an interview invite yet? If so, what are your stats? :D

I called to check the status of my application and they got everything...but I was told that they would not begin to interview until the "end of January"...im trying to wait patiently but I really, really, really want to go here so its hard!!!

Hey, I was wondering how long did it take Belmont to say your application was complete? I just about finished mine a week ago. Have you heard from Belmont yet for an interview?

I'm pleased to be able to spill the beans that Belmont's first round of acceptance letters go out in tomorrow's mail.:D What a wonderful group of folk that are represented in this cohort.

Also going out tomorrow are invitations to interview in February.:thumbup:

If you aren't sure if your application is complete, please get in contact with us. We want to be able to consider as many talented, eager applicants as we can to set the standard as members of our first class.

Finally, the deadline for applications remains March 31; there's still time to apply and get full consideration for the coming academic year.

Dr. Eric H. Hobson
Associate Dean

Congrads on your interview..What are your stats?

hey guys. I received an interview invite as well, but I am not sure whether I will be going. Are you all going on the feb 20th?

I can't make the Feb. 20th interview so I'm going to the Mar. 10th interview.

i received my acceptance letter today!!! the faculty and staff are super nice!!!

hey i probably met you!

hi guys! Do you know what interview dates are available for belmont besides the February 20 and March 10 dates. I need to figure out my schedule. Thank you very much! :)

FYI

Interviews are/are being scheduled for Feb 20, March 10, & April 25 (there may be another on March 28, but that's still tentative).

Glad to answer the question asked.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean

Does anyone know the requirements for Belmont Pharmacy School? Thanks!

Our program is described on the university website.

Since studentdoc doesn't want people posting links, to get to pharmacy, add the following after the Belmont home page: /pharmacy

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean

How many students will Belmont be accepting for the fall?
Thanks!

Belmont has 75 seats in the innaugural class starting August 27, 2008.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean

Approximately, how many students will be interviewed?
Thanks!

Probably 200-250 interviews by the time we are through.

Thanks Dr. Hobson!

yay I changed my interview to March. See you guys there