Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone with their interview tomorrow!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It's interveiw day at Belmont U SOP, and the day is absolutely beautiful: warm, sunny, with pear and cherry trees in full bloom.

Even better, with the rest of the U off on Spring Break, there's parking galore!

We find our joys in the little things in life :)

Looking forward to putting names to faces today.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assoc. Dean

To all of you who were on campus yesterday for interviews, thank you for taking time to introduce yourselves to me. It was great to put aliases to real names and faces.

I continue to be amazed by the talented people who hope to be able to serve their communities as front-line health care providers via their role as a pharmacist.

For those of you I will get to meet at our next interview day in April, I'll be equally pleased when the time comes to meet you.

Looking like rain in central TN today.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Assoc. Dean
Belmont USOP

Members don't see this ad :)
Do all materials such as transcripts have to be in by March 31st or just the application?

how far into april will there be interviews? are there any after that or is april the end?

Do all materials such as transcripts have to be in by March 31st or just the application?

I called the admissions office Thursday and they told me to fax all my documents in by the 31st - a copy of the signature page and even my check, my PCAT scores, LORs, and transcripts - then write a note that says all the official documents are on their way in the mail.

The only thing you don't have to mail official copies of is your LORs.

And if you don't have copies of your transcripts, your school can fax it for you. The fax number is 615/460-5434, send Attn: Rachel Rogers.

how far into april will there be interviews? are there any after that or is april the end?

Just from what I've read here, it seems like April 25th will be the only interview day in April and the last interview for this admissions cycle.

Thanks.. I wish I would have known about this school before.. I submited all my info I had and next day mailed it so its there by 3/31... PCAT scores are the only thing.... I tried sending copies of stuff so there was some info! I just hope I am still given some consideration even though its down to the wire!:( Any one else in the same boat... Everyone one that I havve spoke with has been so nice and helpful!!!!!!

I interviewed at Belmont on the 27th, the school was great and like people have said everyone was so nice there. I hope that I hear something soon! The wait is the worst part.

Can those of you that interviewed on the 27th provide the rest of us with feedback from your day (thoughts, feelings, etc.)? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the April interview. I sent in everything that I could, weather it was needed or not.

anyone know how long it takes to find out about interviews in general?

Since Belmont's deadline was March 31st, I believe belmont would be very busy reviewing all their completed applications this coming week.

Not sure when invites would be send out. Try calling them. If i were to guess, I say anytime between end of this week till mid April.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a call from Belmont informing that I was accepted. I'm so excited.:D

Yeah! Congratulations! That was a quick response.

I know...You are more than welcome to PM me if you have any questions.

Congrats to everyone who got in!! So I heard that the Nashville area is really fun! I've been to Knoxville a few times, but I'll be flying in from Los Angeles on April 25th for the interview...anyone else coming that day let me know so we can meet up possibly!! =) Good Luck

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Just a quick request...can yall post your stats? I'm thinking about applying this year and was wondering where I stand (Belmont doesn't have a PharmCas page and I know it's a new program, so they haven't published their average gpa and pcat scores yet).

I'm from Knoxville so if I get an interview (praying so hard everyday) then I'll let you know. I'd love to meet up with people interviewing the same day. Nashville is amazing!

has anyone heard anything as far as getting an April interview?
This question is for those who turned in their applications in as of March until the deadline.

Dr Hobson, are you guys overwhelmed with applications? When do you suppose invites might go out?

has anyone heard anything as far as getting an April interview?
This question is for those who turned in their applications in as of March until the deadline.

Dr Hobson, are you guys overwhelmed with applications? When do you suppose invites might go out?

I have yet to hear anything regarding the April interview.

I did get an email saying I will get another email regarding the tuition being 24,000 per year (I assume everyone got this email)

I didn't get that email, and I haven't heard about an interview either. However, I turned in my application at the very last minute, and it's likely that my official transcripts and PCAT score haven't arrived yet.

Maybe the fact that you got the email means you'll get an interview!! :D

I didn't get that email, and I haven't heard about an interview either. However, I turned in my application at the very last minute, and it's likely that my official transcripts and PCAT score haven't arrived yet.

Maybe the fact that you got the email means you'll get an interview!! :D

Thanks for the optimism. I appreciate it. I really hope to get an interview from belmont but I won't believe it until I get that official interview invite letter or email.

You probably didn't get that email since your application is not complete (your pcat and transcript have yet to arrive).

Correct me if I'm wrong,
I think applicants whos application status is complete received that email.

I got that email too... not really sure who got it either.. I dont know anythign about my status if all has been received nor have I head about an application... I hope its a good sign!!!!! Good luck all... please post once anypne hears about interviews!

I got that email too... not really sure who got it either.. I dont know anythign about my status if all has been received nor have I head about an application... I hope its a good sign!!!!! Good luck all... please post once anypne hears about interviews!

I recommend you call belmont to check on your application status. I know my application is complete because I called belmont a couple times to make sure everything is received.

Not to scare you, sometimes mail gets lost and not everything is received. Its only to your benefit to follow up on your application.

Good luck everyone!

After I received that e-mail, I called to find out the status of my application, and I was told that my application is complete, pending a decision.

I was also told that this April interview will be the last one and e-mails/letters should be going out on Thursday to notify people who are being invited to interview.

wow that is exciting!!!!!!! Now I am getting nervous for thursday!!!!! haha good luck everyone!

hey para, thanks for the heads up about thurs. Now I dont have to go into "clinical depression" until friday... just kidding. Best of Luck to all of us!

haha ... thursday will be a LONG day..... I hope they do hold to Thursday and dont wait until Monday!!!!

I called the admissions office this afternoon to check on the status of my application. My application is pending & they informed me that they would send interview invites via e-mail on Thursday afternoon followed by a letter to your physical mail address on Friday. Basically the same information provided by par.
Less than 48hrs to go!

did you talk to rachel in admissions or the pharmacy dept?

I spoke to Ginger in the Pharmacy dept.

thanks I will try her!

When i called Belmont, i was also told if I didn't get in for this fall class; my application would be kept on file and I can reapply for 2009 fall class without having to pay the application fee again.

wow thats nice! I tried calling and I am afaid my transcripts got misplaced upon arrival... they said I was missing transcripts and the schools sent them over a weeka ago!!! I can give them the grades which I had but still... Thats why I wish they could fax them!

wow thats nice! I tried calling and I am afaid my transcripts got misplaced upon arrival... they said I was missing transcripts and the schools sent them over a weeka ago!!! I can give them the grades which I had but still... Thats why I wish they could fax them!

yikes! that's cutting it really close. I'm not sure if schools fax transcripts but its worth a try. Call your School now. Explain to them your situation and that you need your transcripts faxed over to Belmont today. see what they say.

Also, keep checking in with belmont to see if your letter transcript have arrived yet.

Transcripts do need at least a week to reach its destination. Perhaps Belmont is getting it today?

Good luck.

I sent them info including info from PharmCAS so they would have it... I hope that is suffient... The stuff is only going from Louisville, KY to Nashville so I would hope it could drive down I 65 in a week!!!!!!!! Thats the only bad thing about the application process ALL the paperwork! Keep me updated if you hear something tommorrow!!!!!! I am stuck at work until 6pm and they dont allow us to check email! I will be on here though!!!! lol Less than 24 hours and we should all know something!

good luck all........ today is the big day!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already checked my e-mail twice today...Lol.
Anb- I spoke with Ginger the other day as well. How's the transcript situation going?

not too sure I am at work and they block email so I cant check.. Please let me know once you all hear.... I checked and they are all mailed so who knows!!!

I received an email inviting me to Belmont University for a pharmacy school interview. Hooray!

I did too!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!! who else is going?

got my invite too!!

where are you guys coming from?
me < Dallas

Indiana!!! I am excited... I wonder how many invites were sent? As well as how many open seats there are?!?!

the last time Dr Hobson posted some comments, he said there were 75 seats, and about half were picked, but I dont know if all the people accepted. and they were were going to hold off on the other half until they got a chance for the last set of interviews. So we still have a good chance. I am so Excited!! I think I am going to stay until Saturday, so that I can check out the city.

I was to work Friday, Sat, and Sunday! I am hoping ot flop weekends and make a weekend out of it! when are you planning on heading there? I am too... I was so nervous all day and no one had posted and then it was not until 515 on my email that they sent it!!!!!! Good luck!!! BTW I am Ashley and U?

Congratulations! Best of luck with the interview. All of the staff are great.

have you interviewed? are you in?? how were the two essays?