Below average GPA acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XtrasDental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I was just wondering how many people got accepted in the past dental school cycles with a 3.3 sGPA/3.4-3.5 overall GPA and where?
My sgpa is 3.3 and my overall is 3.47
DAT is 24 AA and 25 TS
Have organization experience, volunteering and shadowing,

Just want to see statistics and if a below avg gpa really affects the applicant

Thanks in advance for any replies and advice

Members don't see this ad.

You should go to the acceptance rejection thread (and older threads) and compile all the data there. You will get a ton more numbers than waiting for a few people to reply to this thread.

Reactions: 1 user
You should go to the acceptance rejection thread (and older threads) and compile all the data there. You will get a ton more numbers than waiting for a few people to reply to this thread.

I checked a lot of them, just wanted input from people not on those threads

Members don't see this ad :)
You're absolutely fine. DAT scores rock and your GPA isn't much lower than average. Apply broadly, interview well and you're golden.

Reactions: 2 users
OP, I don't think your sGPA is below average. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the average sGPA of accepted applicant is around 3.3ish if you take into account all those newer schools. You have an amazing DAT that will help you get in to many schools. Don't worry too much, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

OP, I don't think your sGPA is below average. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the average sGPA of accepted applicant is around 3.3ish if you take into account all those newer schools. You have an amazing DAT that will help you get in to many schools. Don't worry too much, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Is the sGPA average really only 3.3?