Ben-Gurion University of the Negev?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noalarms23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I got a brochure from this school this weekend, has anyone heard of it? it says its associated with Columbia Med, and you get an "American style" education with an MD from B-G. It looked cool because it concentrates in international health (which I'm interested in) but the first three years are in Israel! It offers clerkships all over the world too, but Israel? I think I may have gotten it because I'm in an MPH program...
I was wondering if anyone else got this too, or what you've heard, if anything...

Members don't see this ad.

It's a pretty good Foreign Medical school. I had planned on applying there (I did apply to Sackler in Tel Aviv but will withdraw since I have a US acceptance). Ben Gurion is a fairly new Israeli medical school but so far its match list looks promising (especially if you plan on practicing in NY).

I wouldn't totally discount the Israeli programs because they are foreign, they are still pretty well respected and offer great clinical training.

Now watch, Cat's Meow will be here any minute now to tell you how evil Israel is.

are you jewish? because i'm not, what is the diversity of the student population like? I had no idea about this school until they sent me a brochure, do you think they did because they are a new school and trying to get enrollment up? I personally think it's an interesting possibility but my parents and boyfriend would NOT be thrilled.