Ben Gurion University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

*breathe*

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I really want to attend BGU, their international health program is exactly what I want to do with the rest of my life. However, I am worried that my gpa is too low (and I don't think I will post it), I am taking my MCAT in Jan, I was supposed to take it in August but I could not write it because of medical reasons. I think I will be able to do well though since the mocks were going well. However, I was wondering what else I could do to compensate for my low GPA or is there any hope. Any advice would help!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Due to the fact that our medical school wants to keep its class size around 45/year, we recently have seen a general rise in the average MCAT scores and GPA's of entering MSI's. I am a second year and I know that our class average MCAT was 28-29, both my roomate and I got 33's and as for GPA's I think between a 3.3 -3.5 is fine, but you want to make sure you are strong in science if there was an area to be strong in.

BGU-MSIH is getting more and more picky with who they accept and I know plenty of people that have applied and have been rejected and waitlisted, I think last year 1000 applied and 46 got in, so on that note its going to get harder and harder if this trend continues

One shouldnt apply to BGU if they think it is easier or less challenging than an American Medical School we are held to the same standard that the US schools are and we produce the same, and sometimes better stats than all Carribean schools, most european schools, and even some American Schools, this is not a refuge for the sub-par applicant

so work hard, but maintain balance, and you should be fine,

izzy