Benefit of using pre-mcat 2015 aamc practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Foggybrain

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am inquiring if there is any benefit using pre-2015 AAMC practice tests? I realize that there is no PS section and that there might be changes in the BB and CP as well. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

They are certainly good practice, just be mindful in the differences you mentioned and those that pertain to the timing of each section. CARS is very different in terms of how much time is suggested for each passage, for example. In short, take as many as you can *and* review them in careful detail.
I'd use them if not only to build endurance and you should certainly use them before taking the newer, official AAMC tests.
Let me know where I can expand or clarify.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you camoixu for the advice, much appreciated. This will be my second mcat attempt.

Phase 1 = finishing all of the newer official AAMC material (official guide, full lengths, section bank and flashcards).
Phase 2 = A (older official AAMC full lengths) + B (newer third party full lengths) if time permits.

If time does not permit, which would you recommend being more beneficial practice wise: A or B?
Also, do you have any idea on how to spread out the section bank passages? I think that it may be more beneficial (better learning and retention) to doing them in small chunks on a daily basis/weekly basis?

Thank you for your advice.