Step I benzos and step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatersandtomsauce

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking step 1 on Wednesday morning and there's no doubt that I'm going to have an extremely difficult time falling asleep on Tuesday night, there's a fairly decent chance I won't be able to at all. I'm trying to consider my options and decide which will provide the least cognitive deficit for the exam:

1. Clonazepam tonight, t1/2 ~ 30-40 hours
2. Alprazolam Tues night around 7-8pm, t1/2 ~11 hours
3. Zolpidem Tues night right before bed
4. Nothing and potentially getting no sleep

I have taken clonazepam and alprazolam many times before, nights before exams at school and did feel a bit tired/out of it for the exam but that also might have been because I didn't get as much sleep as usual or took it too late at night (1 or 2am). I have never taken zolpidem before, I would take it tonight as well to test it out first but that is a bit risky. As a side note, the potential rebound anxiety from alprazolam is a slight concern, I have experienced it before but have also been fine other times. I don't usually have any caffeine before an exam because that has given me severe anxiety during exams in the past, so I am prone to anxiety.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.