Berkeley Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulPremed.

OMS-1
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to apply for the next cycle, and I would like to see the accepted stats from this class of 2023 as well as the rejected, just to see what my chances are

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I am also interested in this information. We’re you ever able to find any?

I got accepted and committed to attending UC Berkeley Optometry as a member of the Class of 2024. My cumulative GPA was 3.74 I believe and my OAT scores were 330 for AA and TS. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
My advice is to apply regardless.
There are always highs and lows and Berkeley tends to accept lower GPAs with higher OAT scores, especially if you have good experience and went to a competitive undergraduate school.
I was accepted there with an undergrad GPA of 2.99 and OAT 340, but also gap year experience and involvement in pre-opt club.

Applicants to Berkeley tend to self-select, meaning people who assume they won't get accepted don't apply and vice versa. This means the applicant pool tends to be a lot smaller than other schools and chances of getting end up being about 30% as a result.
PM me if you have more questions, but I think if you're interested you should apply regardless. The worst that will happen is you won't get in, but if you don't even try then you definitely won't.

*Edited typo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users