Berkeley rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukehoops

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does someone with a 3.95 GPA and a 380 on the OAT get rejected from Berkeley?

Members don't see this ad.

You can call them and ask for feedback. Your rejection letter might mention something along those lines. I got rejected in 2009 with a 400 OAT and 3.8 gpa. They said they wanted me to do more pre-optom experience to make sure I knew what I was getting into. Pre-optom work is grunt work, as we all know.

You can call them and ask for feedback. Your rejection letter might mention something along those lines. I got rejected in 2009 with a 400 OAT and 3.8 gpa. They said they wanted me to do more pre-optom experience to make sure I knew what I was getting into. Pre-optom work is grunt work, as we all know.
I will thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't advertise this. In my humble opinion, it's embarrassing to be rejected with those stats for Optometry school even for Berkeley.
The question is, who should be embarrassed ? The Institution or the applicant.
Shocking to say the least.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't advertise this. In my humble opinion, it's embarrassing to be rejected with those stats for Optometry school even for Berkeley.
The question is, who should be embarrassed ? The Institution or the applicant.
Shocking to say the least.
Whatever happened, happened. I went somewhere else, graduated with honors, and now in my role also interview applicants for Kaiser Permanente optometry, and some of these folks have weird stuff going on conducting an interview on a professional level, even the FAAOs. Maybe if I got into Berkeley, the butterfly effect would have never sent us down this darkest timeline to allow COVID to happen. I'm sorry for my part.

Reactions: 1 user
Whatever happened, happened. I went somewhere else, graduated with honors, and now in my role also interview applicants for Kaiser Permanente optometry, and some of these folks have weird stuff going on conducting an interview on a professional level, even the FAAOs. Maybe if I got into Berkeley, the butterfly effect would have never sent us down this darkest timeline to allow COVID to happen. I'm sorry for my part.
Kudos to you for going elsewhere and graduating with honors. "Weird stuff going on conducting an interview........?" Perhaps, they shouldn't be the ones in place conducting interviews. No need to be sorry on your part. At a time, where OD schools couldn't fill their entering classes and the percentage of acceptance years back was greater than 50% or a guarantee of getting in ( not 1:4 1:3 or 1:2 but more like 1:1 ) I just found it appalling for Berkeley to be big shots. With a lot more new schools from the original 16, admission is no where as difficult or most competitive as it once was.
You know who is to blame ? I"ll keep my comment to myself.

Reactions: 1 user