Berkeley Review MCAT biology stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenvillegod

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has so much stuff. Is that required. It has ten times what Princeton has. Is ever word important. God help me

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, and I thought TPR and Kaplan had a lot of stuff. EK uses a minimalist approach--yeah, theres still they dont cover, but the odds that that material will be on an MCAT are slim. Perhaps Berkeley adopts a more complrehensive approach. I'm sure whatever EK, Kaplan and TPR dont cover is not tested very frequently, if at all, so you probably should not bother and concentrate more on high yield stuff. So yeah if it seems like a lot more than TPR, then all of it is probably unnecessary.

It's not all necessary. Also, beware the practice passages in the biology books, specifically the physiology ones. They are very hard ... definitely worth doing, but difficult. I was getting 8-9 on those passages, but 12-13 on the AAMC practice exams. The o-chem/physics/g-chem book passages are more representative.

UCLAstudent said:
It's not all necessary. Also, beware the practice passages in the biology books, specifically the physiology ones. They are very hard ... definitely worth doing, but difficult. I was getting 8-9 on those passages, but 12-13 on the AAMC practice exams. The o-chem/physics/g-chem book passages are more representative.

I haven't studied the BR g chem review materials, but just flipping through the book it seems a lot harder than the TPR g chem materials.

NRAI2001 said:
I haven't studied the BR g chem review materials, but just flipping through the book it seems a lot harder than the TPR g chem materials.

They may very well be harder, but they are good preparation. I can think of two passages in they physical science section of my real MCAT that were no-brainers because they were practically identical to TBR passages that I had done.