Berkeley Review Physics--HELP ME!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Truestar01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So its been over a month or almost a month? since I have been using Berkeley Review for physics, chem, orgo, bio..pretty much all of em and i think they are great. however...i suck at the passages. I have been doing soo horribly at physics even after i think i understand and will do fine in the questions in the content review but when I do the end of chapter passages. i literally get killed. I dont know what to do

Can someone offer me advice as to how to get my thinking up??

Im losing hope. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

So its been over a month or almost a month? since I have been using Berkeley Review for physics, chem, orgo, bio..pretty much all of em and i think they are great. however...i suck at the passages. I have been doing soo horribly at physics even after i think i understand and will do fine in the questions in the content review but when I do the end of chapter passages. i literally get killed. I dont know what to do

Can someone offer me advice as to how to get my thinking up??

Im losing hope. :scared:

I find this hard to believe. Anyways, I'm using the same books and we're in nearly the same study timeline. Are you doing the passages timed? If so, I would do some untimed to get used to the format. This is the most important thing because the passage-based questions are very different from any college exam I've taken. However, keep in mind that you are missing the questions now, with the hope that you do not miss it when it actually counts. One of the toughest aspects of this test, is the psychological aspect. There are times when I get a poor score. Sure, my initial reaction is to be discouraged, but I actively tell myself that it's just another opportunity to improve what I did not know. In fact, it's been a year since I've last seen this material. Imagine if you take a regular exam for G. Chem, if you studied a year ago!!! Keep up the confidence. It's tough for all of us.

thanks for the advice! I'll be more positive. I just finished chap 5 yesterday of physics

I find this hard to believe. Anyways, I'm using the same books and we're in nearly the same study timeline. Are you doing the passages timed? If so, I would do some untimed to get used to the format. This is the most important thing because the passage-based questions are very different from any college exam I've taken. However, keep in mind that you are missing the questions now, with the hope that you do not miss it when it actually counts. One of the toughest aspects of this test, is the psychological aspect. There are times when I get a poor score. Sure, my initial reaction is to be discouraged, but I actively tell myself that it's just another opportunity to improve what I did not know. In fact, it's been a year since I've last seen this material. Imagine if you take a regular exam for G. Chem, if you studied a year ago!!! Keep up the confidence. It's tough for all of us.

QFT

I ran out of time on a 30 min 3 passage session tonight and I had about a 5 min psychotic episode complete with goddamit screaming and hammer fisting. I'm married with a newborn BTW.

When I finally calmed down and checked my score, it scaled to a 12-13, which as far as I'm concerned is awesome. I went over a few minutes, but I also delivered some pwnage.

You just gotta feed off positives and keep plugging away, relentlessly. I too would recommend calming down and giving yourself a little more time to generate confidence.

Members don't see this ad :)
QFT

I ran out of time on a 30 min 3 passage session tonight and I had about a 5 min psychotic episode complete with goddamit screaming and hammer fisting. I'm married with a newborn BTW.

When I finally calmed down and checked my score, it scaled to a 12-13, which as far as I'm concerned is awesome. I went over a few minutes, but I also delivered some pwnage.

You just gotta feed off positives and keep plugging away, relentlessly. I too would recommend calming down and giving yourself a little more time to generate confidence.

Yep. This process is definitely a rollercoaster ride + 1/2. Manage your stress and treat every mistake as another opportunity to improve your breadth of MCAT knowledge. If you metaphorically transform into a sponge that meticulously learns every bit of knowledge, it will pay off. Is the MCAT a memorization test? No. However, having memorized a great deal of stuff certainly would not hurt.

Yep. This process is definitely a rollercoaster ride + 1/2. Manage your stress and treat every mistake as another opportunity to improve your breadth of MCAT knowledge. If you metaphorically transform into a sponge that meticulously learns every bit of knowledge, it will pay off. Is the MCAT a memorization test? No. However, having memorized a great deal of stuff certainly would not hurt.

werd.