1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Berkeley review practice tests

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cattywoman, Mar 22, 2004.

1. cattywoman

cattywoman Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys,

I was thinking of purchasing some TBR practice tests, but I don't want to waste my money on them untill I know how comparable they're to the AAMC ones, or if they're a good practice.
    How are the workbooks??? I don't want materials full of context and memorization. I want something more conceptual with a lot of strategies on test taking skills.
    It seems like TBR is another version of TPR, since they bit off the name and all...What do you guys think?

:horns: hookem!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I took 1, it was about 3X as hard as the aamc exams. Still probably not a bad investment though.

4. scooter31

scooter31 'Ello Guv'nah!
    7+ Year Member

i like the practice exams--- super tough, but will thoroughly prep you for the real deal, so i'm told.

the books-- VERY detailed, esp bio. the chem and phy are good, the VR is okay. i use the kaplan books more than the tbr books.

good luck

5. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I love them. 1 and 4 are very realistic. Others are harder than the real deal.